Last Movie You Watched...

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
GeorgeK; said:
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

Yes! I've seen it, in 10-minute segments on YouTube. I could NOT stop my mouth from hanging open in... awe? amazement? horror? incredulity? The movie is truly a most-see.

<pops eyebrow> OK, I'm in.

My own most recents are a lot more boring:

Moneyball - IIRC, I have never played baseball in my life but I thought this was pretty good. Based on the book by Michael Lewis, who I buy in hardback without reading the jacket copy.

Warrior - $5 says that the guy who runs the UFC bankrolled this (he had like 83 fawn-over-him cameos) but it was still very well done.

MamaStrong

Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, Abduction....yes yes a Taylor L. movie but it was the only good thing in Redbox!

Actually, it was OK. Kept me guessing...however, it was slow at times and the first 15mins I was thinking...OK...something better be explained REALLY soon.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saw the first Underworld again. Bill Nighy is magnificient, except for the vampire tourretes his character seems to have in this one. We've been doing it for days now. Too funny.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Watched The Enforcer (Dirty Harry 3) the other night. Very 70s but very enjoyable. And dig the jazz soundtrack.

Bookdragonette

Differently Actual
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookish-dragon.dreamwidth.org
The fiancé and I have watched over the past week: Iron Man, Thor, The Mission, and Captain America: The First Avenger. After this, Batman Begins, and Iron Man 2. The fiancé liked the first one. He was less impressed with Captain America, but he's never been a big fan of Cap.

The Mission was...interersting. Truth be told, I found it to focus a bit too much on Rodrigo's redemption rather than the natives. Still an interesting movie.

LadyVonFright

Registered
Reaction score
final destination V...excellent movie...but then again i thought all the final destination movies were excellent

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Thing (2011 prequel) - Loved the hell out of it. Set up the Kurt Russell version fabulously. I've even thought of a way to do a sequel to this one, that wouldn't touch John Carpenter's KR version. If you own the rights, call me... :)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Watched Insidious a couple of nights ago. Thought overall it was pretty good. The final part got a little corny for me with all the zombie looking ghosts. the fire face guy was scary/creepy but but the other ones were just weird and i don't know if i was missing something with the family and the girl w/the shotgun. i'm not sure if there was more message to that, or if it was just to show some of the creepy souls that wanted to take over the little boys body or just for some creepy affect stuff which it honestly kinda felt like.

Tonight we are watching Contagion and tomorrow Thor.

lizbeth dylan

Registered
Reaction score
This week watched Ides of March (had potential but hated the ending and several character choices) and Drive (hated it for the same reasons).

Then did PPV of In Time, liked a lot. Worth watching for Matt Bomer and Alex Pettyfer's performances. And The Eagle for a second time and enjoyed it again. Love Jamie Bell in that.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Dude, Damon Wayans is HILARIOUS. That whole family is just so full of talent.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't end up watching Thor tonight. Got a late start on movie night with my kids. We watched the movie UP. What a friggin sweet movie! Love it so mu-- "SQUIRREL!"

:D

Auroch

Banned
Reaction score
I refuse to give Hollywood any of my money, so I do not go to movies in theatres.

Last movie I watched on TV was 'Man on Fire' with Denzel Washington. Pretty good. I like movies that show what life is like in other countries. In this case Mexico.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
I hope Chronicle is released in France. It looks so cool! Last film I saw, I believe, was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I thin Fincher is a genius and it was a really well made film. I didn't really like the books, though, and so I had the same issues with the movie plot. But a faithful adaption and surely superior to the Swedish adaption.

The acting was fantastic too. Oh and the editing, loved it. Glad Rooney is nominated for an Oscar. She's come so far in such a short period of time.

cletus

I'm a king bee
Registered
Reaction score
Just caught the end of This Is Spinal Tap. Escape From New York came on next. Two of my all-time favorite films back to back.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I was having a pretty mindless weekend, so I watched Underworld: Awakenings and the rerelease of Beauty and the Beast (3D... but not by choice).