Last Movie You Watched...

sickmuse

Don't blink. Don't even blink.
Registered
Reaction score
I watched the 2009 remake of George A. Romero's "The Crazies." It was fine, but I was a little bored.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
Angel Heart with Mickey Rourke and Robert De Niro. Freaking brilliant for a movie I had never even heard of before.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tintin, in 3D. Expected a tepid experience, but had an absolute ball. It's really quite something.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

It wasn't too bad. Fun in a mindless, popcorn way. Nowhere near as bad as all the reviews made it. I've seen many, many worse. Don't understand all the hate.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

It wasn't too bad. Fun in a mindless, popcorn way. Nowhere near as bad as all the reviews made it. I've seen many, many worse. Don't understand all the hate.

Mmmmmm....popcorn. I need a snack!

lwallace

Writing Is a Habit of Mind
Registered
Reaction score
Latest Movie?

Watched Young Adult, perf. Charleze Theron and Patten Oswalt, 2011. I couldn't identify with such an unlikeable main character, but there are some good supporting roles in this film, including that by Patten Oswalt. He probably should have gotten a Best Supporting Actor nomination for this.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

In this parody of religion, atheism, evil geniuses and the undead, the 5 foot 2, man of Jew uses bad Kung Fu to hop skip and dance across and back over the line between sacrilige and comedy as the hero battles the critical shortage of lesbians in Canada. From the cinematography, hairstyles, clothing and brick sized mobile phones this appears to have been filmed in the late 70's early 80's. I can't tell if it was an attempt at a retro thing or if this movie sat in a vault for a quarter century before someone had the cahones to release it in 2001.

Among the more interesting effects of the movie is to watch the viewers as your friends' faces will slowly contort to a slack jawed stare with one eye wide open and the other squinting as their brains try to process this movie. However, rest assured that there are strategically placed comedic points so their faces won't freeze that way.

If you are militantly religious, don't watch this movie, or if you do, you might require some chemical enhancement.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Saw some good movies lately:

Case 39
I'm not Scared (foreign-Italian)
The Devil's Backbone (foreign-Spanish)
Super 8
The Descent 2
Paranormal Activity 2 (holy shit, first horror movie to really creep me out in MANY years)
Wicked Little Things
The Next Three Days

Recommend all of them. They were all very entertaining.

Last edited:

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
The Curse of the Golden Flower. WOW. Loved it very, very much. The costumes and the sets...WOWOWOWOWOWOW. I'm in awe. It was so friggin beautiful.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
A Dangerous Method. As un-Cronenberg as Cronenberg can get, but as a bodice ripping love story it was damn good. Hot S&M scenes always help. :D
How over the top Kiera Knightley was! I love a performer who just throws out the brakes and safety harnesses and goes into weird places in a performance. (I'm looking at you, Sheryl Lee and David Lynch.) Plus she played a remarkable woman who was as interesting a character as either Freud or Jung, at least as they are portrayed here.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Fright Night remake. I really enjoyed it. It was creepy, but didn't take itself too seriously. Funny and just silly in parts. Plus, Colin Farrell is hot. And he didn't sparkle.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Just watched an AMAZING Spanish horror/thriller film called The Orphanage. Brilliantly written story that played on all my senses and emotions. I even cried at the end. I CRIED AT THE END OF A HORROR FILM! Love, love, love this movie. It's a 5 star for me on Netflix!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Debt - I loved it. Kept me on the edge of my seat.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
The Grey. Amazing film. It truly captures the human spirit and what it means to me to have faith in something. Note: The film is not complete unless you see the final scene after the credits. Perfection.

starryknight1999

Registered
Reaction score
Favorite Movies

Who can top the classic scene from "The Shining" when the immortal Jack Nicholson pokes his head thru a smashed door and exclaims, "Honey! I'm home!" The GREATEST horror movie of all-time! Stanley Kubrick was the bomb as a director!:D

thekingsguard

Soldier, Scholar, Writer, WebVoyeur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
korsgaardscommentary.blogspot.com
The Grey. Amazing film. It truly captures the human spirit and what it means to me to have faith in something. Note: The film is not complete unless you see the final scene after the credits. Perfection.

I agree, yet it remains one of the darest films I've seen in a good while. Glad I still had some Prozac left from seeing The Road. Very good movie though.