Last Movie You Watched...

Night_Writer

It's all symbolic.
Registered
Reaction score
Agora.

It's the story of Hypatia, one of antiquity's great women of science. It's also about the early days of Christianity. I thought it was totally spellbinding. I watched it about four times because I had it On-Demand on cable.

Dodge

Sparks fly off my pages!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dodgewinston.com
Killer Elite - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1448755/

Watched it last night. It reminded me of the movie, Munich - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408306/.

Lots of violence/suspense/plot. It took me places I didn't expect it too. And I like surprises.

Robert DeNiro wasn't the main character (which I appreciate)

Jason Statham, who I'm not a fan of, was likeable and great for the lead.

Clive Owen was good as well. He played somewhat of an odd guy.

The other characters fit well too.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars for action, plot, and it was supposedly based on a true story from a book called, The Feather Men - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Feather_Men

Controversial for sure.

CharlesL83

Registered
Reaction score
Goemon: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054122/

I have been a long time fan of the Mystical Ninja games so I had to check out this film. In my view it was pretty exceptional (7 out of 10). It blows my mind how the
Asian markets mange to make exceptional films with a 20th of the budget. I swear Hollywood must be playing around with their numbers.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Hereafter, with Matt Damon, directed by Clint Eastwood. I'd never even heard of this movie, and it was fantastic. I really loved it.

Now I'm watching The Adjustment Bureau, again with Matt Damon, also fantastic.

You'd think I love Matt Damon, but actually he usually annoys me to tears. Good in both of these flicks though.

Ruriworm

Registered
Reaction score
Never Let Me Go during the winter break. It's a beautiful movie, but it made me rather depressed.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
a few from last weekend:

Alice in Wonderland (Burton One)-well done.

Killer Elite. - meh.

A Lonely Place to Die - excellent.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - yeah, baby, that's the ticket.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
One Day

The Notebook

Both were rather sad, but great shows. I like having a good cry in my coffee, Charlie St Cloud was good for that, too.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I wasn't sure what to expect, but ended up loving it. Awesome flick.

From the movie cover, I really didn't think that I'd care for this one. But I may check it out.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
The Planet of the Apes. The original one. And Beneath The Planet of the Apes, but that one wasn't nearly as good.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
The Evil Inside

What a disappointment. Are they ever going to make a GOOD horror movie again? It's depressing.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
O Brother, Where Art Thou? w/George Clooney.

The Time Machine (the original and not the rotten remake although Samantha Mumba is hot).

Green Lantern. Not a great storyline, but the special effects and music made it worthwhile.

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Troll Hunter, for the second time, I absolutely love this movie, if you can stand the "documentary" style it goes on about and are interested in Urban Fantasy things I highly suggest it. Though a warning for some who dislike it, there are subtitles (though I GUESS it does have a dub? but I can't seem to find evidence of it beyond someone saying it exists).

Tangled, Man I love this movie. Love love love it <3.

Todd Young

Registered
Reaction score
The Secret Diaries of Miss Anne Lister

It's a BBC movie about the real life of a lesbian in Regency England, based on her diaries - if you like that sort of thing. Absolutely brilliant.

FrankiiGii

Registered
Reaction score
Dragonheart - It's an old favorite.

Waiting Forever - Cute, didn't quite hit the mark for me but I still enjoyed it.

I really like Troll Hunter as well, though my husband thought it was cheesy. I loved the very folk tale take on the Trolls themselves. It made me think of those videos of the loud sounds people have been hearing. If you Google it try "sound before and earthquake".

lizbeth dylan

Registered
Reaction score
Agora.

It's the story of Hypatia, one of antiquity's great women of science. It's also about the early days of Christianity. I thought it was totally spellbinding. I watched it about four times because I had it On-Demand on cable.

I caught the last half of Agora and thought the same. Glad to see someone else liked it. Now if I can find it again to watch the first half.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Pirate Radio

Much better than I thought it'd be! not only do we have Phillip Seymour Hoffman, who's pretty much great in everything, you also get the big guy from Shaun of the Dead and Murray from Flight of the Conchords, plus Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson (in a VERY small part). Plus lots of good mid 60s rock and roll, of course.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I watched The Descendants this afternoon with my mumma-bear.
Was really good - Clooney seems to be getting sexier and sexier the older he gets.

Macca

Registered
Reaction score
The Artist, thought it was a lovely and a technically brilliant film with near faultless performances. Wonderful entertainment.