Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Last Movie You Watched...

Sometimes I creep myself out. AW Moderator Calla Lily's Avatar
    movieman, may I ask what the other movies were? I love bad horror with an everlasting love.

practical experience, FTW movieman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by callalily61 View Post
    movieman, may I ask what the other movies were? I love bad horror with an everlasting love.
    I'd have to check. If you search for Malibu Beach Vampires on Amazon you should find the ten movie box set in question.

Okay; thanks. Those sites are blocked at work, so I'll check for it tonight. I'll have Christmas money coming.

practical experience, FTW
    Party Monster. I had trouble getting into it at first, but I ended up loving it.

much writing. very books Maramoser's Avatar
    Love, Actually. Kinda meh about it.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin oneil's Avatar
    The last movie I watched was Johnny English Reborn it was a best comedy movie and Rowan Atkinson was back in action.

practical experience, FTW Sargentodiaz's Avatar
    Cowboys and Aliens.

As usual, great special effects. Not so great acting - but who noticed?
    Father Serra's Legacy - Fun facts and tidbits of California and Baja California

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin JeffyFive's Avatar
    The last movie I've watched is Jamin Winans' Ink, it's only the greatest movie ever made IMO.

Watched a couple over the holiday weekend:

Saw Thor (again) but with my dad, he loved it, but would not admit it, and he was sad at the ending (sniffling)...

30 Days of Suck, er...30 Days of Night: Dark Days - Wow. As bad as the first one is good. You definitely miss Melissa George, but I've seen this actress act (in The Perfect Getaway) but she doesn't do much acting in this one. Terrible. Waste of money. Save yourself.

Despicable Me - fun, with evil intent and heart. lovely.

practical experience, FTW djunamod's Avatar
    I'm a die-hard classic movie fan, so last night I watched several on the classic movie stations here in Israel:

Boomtown (1940's film about 19th century "wildcatters" starring Spencer Tracy, Clark Gable, and Claudette Colbert) - not a bad movie. Tracy is always excellent and it was nice to see him in an earlier film. I'm not much of a Gable fan (I think his macho-fako stance is annoying) but he was actually pretty charming in this film.

East of Eden (James Dean) - I have to admit, the more films I see with Dean, the less I am impressed with him (much less so than with others of his generation, like Brando and Clift). His "rebel boy" stance gets on my nerves...

The Great Escape - This is actually one of my favorite films and I am definitely not a big war film fan. But the all-star case is excellent and the scene with James Gardner, Steve McQueen, and the other guy (forgot his name) doing the "Yankee Doodle Dandie" impression and treating everyone to moonshine is hilarious. McQueen is so charming here too.

Djuna

I received a gift of the first two Harold and Kumar movies...so I watched Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.

I've seen it before, of course, and it wasn't as funny this time...except for a few parts and the terrible job mess they make of NJ geography...like the giant cliff in Cherry Hill (where, btw, there is no White Castle).

Cowboys and Aliens. Meh. I picked up a book in the middle of it.

Horrible Bosses. Pretty funny.

Oh, and Straw Dogs. It was lame. Soooooooo lame. And the previews were so promising...
    Last edited by COchick; 12-28-2011 at 11:14 PM.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Nameless107's Avatar
    Batman marathon From Joker to joker. - Horrible movies except for Begins and The Dark Knight

Colombiana - Not that bad. cant complain with sexy and gun.

X Men first class - Good movie more satisfying then the last line of X men movies. which i did enjoy also. this was just better
    If I tell you how it's done, the magic circle will send a team of assassins to kill us all. It's the law. - Patrick Jane

Between the sneaky bookshelves of Barnes & Noble.
    Little Dorrit!

practical experience, FTW FrankiiGii's Avatar
    I love classic movies. Tracy is fantastic. I also love Kat Hepburn, Myrna Loy and William Powell. Libeled Lady is hilarious! I finally saw Gone with the Wind and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof this year. I enjoyed them both. I just watched People Will Talk but I want very impressed.

I also recently watched The Go Getter (cool) The Missing (love) Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog (love). That's it for movies in the last few days.

practical experience, FTW
    Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Crazy flick, but so much fun.

Thor. Got it for Christmas. So. Much. Fun.

Thor. Got it for Christmas. So. Much. Fun.
    That movie was such a great surprise. Thor 2 is slated for 2014, I believe (could be 2013). Brannagh won't be directing, but all the actors will be back.

on losing Branagh. I hope they find someone almost as good.

Apollo 18 - In my opinion, the best of the Found Footage/Shaky Cam genre. I'm left with the question:

SPOILER: How did we get the found footage if the astronauts didn't make it back, and what to the moon aliens eat when they can't get astonaut/cosmonaut?

ETA: I just remembered REC/Quartantine...so...second best, I guess...
    Last edited by Diana Hignutt; 12-30-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: footage not fottage

Die, shakycam, DIE!

*ahem*

Sorry, what was the question?

IMO, the best movie ruined by shakycam was Cloverfield. I though the acting and directing were surprisingly easy to watch, and the monster was well done. But the shakycam--ARGH. I rented it so I could look away frequently, but soon I got caught up in the movie. About an hour in, my brain whispered, "You've been watching shaky cam for a long time, missy," and I nearly ralphed on the couch. I took only tiny glances at the rest of the movie. Shakycam is EVIL.

*ahem*

We watched The King's Speech last night. Deserves every bit of praise it's received.

Die, shakycam, DIE!

*ahem*

Sorry, what was the question?

IMO, the best movie ruined by shakycam was Cloverfield. I though the acting and directing were surprisingly easy to watch, and the monster was well done. But the shakycam--ARGH. I rented it so I could look away frequently, but soon I got caught up in the movie. About an hour in, my brain whispered, "You've been watching shaky cam for a long time, missy," and I nearly ralphed on the couch. I took only tiny glances at the rest of the movie. Shakycam is EVIL.

*ahem*

We watched The King's Speech last night. Deserves every bit of praise it's received.
    Shit, I forgot about Cloverfied too. Okay, um...well this one's better than Blair Witch. We went to see Cloverfield in the theater, but had to leave after 15 minutes...I was getting sickish, Liz was sick. I can watch Shakey Cam on tv without problems, though.

And yes, Rush and Firth are fabs in The King's Speech...

More like the queen of typos. Oops! Jehhillenberg's Avatar
    SCREAM 4, finally. I understand bridging the gap for the new technological generation, but this one flopped for me; could've stayed shelved. Acting was okay -- loved Culkin, Panettiere, and Arquette but this seemed like a parody poking at itself. Possibly Scary Movie 5?
    >>Writing Tumblr (NSFW)<<

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless

More like the queen of typos. Oops! Jehhillenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Hignutt View Post
    Shit, I forgot about Cloverfied too. Okay, um...well this one's better than Blair Witch. We went to see Cloverfield in the theater, but had to leave after 15 minutes...I was getting sickish, Liz was sick. I can watch Shakey Cam on tv without problems, though.
    Yeah, that shaky cam shouldn't be made for big-screen.
    >>Writing Tumblr (NSFW)<<

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless

Warlock, the first one. I'd forgotten how bad this movie was. Bad acting, overflowing with 80s tropes, bad FX--although they weren't too awful for the time. How did this movie get 2 sequels?

Page 281 of 429 FirstFirst ... 31181206231256271275276277278279280281282283284285286287291306331356381 ... LastLast