Last Movie You Watched...

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saw a couple of goodies...

the creepy Darkness with Anna Panquin and

the nail-shredding thriller Breakdown with Kurt Russell.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Dream House - The less said the better. If you can avoid seeing a trailer before seeing the movie, do so. The trailer spoils some stuff. Flawed but watchable, IMO. I'd give it a 'wait til video.'

Bridesmaids - Had its moments, but I'm glad I waited til video.

Se7en - Holy friggin crap! For about the 8th time. Amazing flick, but it's best to watch it on an empty stomach.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
This MTV movie called "Truth Down Below" or something like that. So odd and kinda tacky, and yet I couldn't force myself to change the channel.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Wild Thornberries Movie

It was on cable this morning. Good flick base don the Nickelodeon cartoon, back when Nick made good cartoons.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - The premise was more brilliant than the execution, but it had its moments. Plus Alan Tudyk was in it.

If anyone is planning a horror movie marathon for halloween this would be a PERFECT cheese course. Otherwise use your own judgement.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Not recent-recent, but these were the last movies I saw in the last couple of months, in descending order of recency.

Jane Eyre - the camerawork was glorious, and the decision to narrate the events in a non-linear way was inspired. The acting was excellent. The only problem I had was with the pacing - the story made sense, but the romance between the two characters developed too quickly to get a real sense of a relationship.

Horrible Bosses - eh. Not great. The pacing was horrid, the last half of the movie was shambles. One of the only movies I sat through where the moments just dragged on and on.

Bridesmaids - Wonderful. 'Nuff said. The whole cinema was laughing (some people were laughing to the point of crying) And also, there were puppies!

Macca

Registered
Reaction score
Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Not bad considering I expected little more than another risible remake ala Tim Burtons's 2001 film.

kittyCAT

<3 <3 <3
Registered
Reaction score
Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Not bad considering I expected little more than another risible remake ala Tim Burtons's 2001 film.

Ditto on that one ^ I went to see it because of the actors in it, Tom Felton and James Franco(sp? I forget his last name), but it turned out I really enjoyed it.
I've never seen Tom play a nice character... ever. And now I'm afraid of apes, but overall it was a good movie. :)

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
I'll be the first to admit it. The Lion King. Yes I bought it on Blu-Ray. I rate it as one of the top three most influential movies of my childhood and if anything it only gets better with age. I still cry every damn time when Mufasa dies.

bongalak

Registered
Reaction score
My last movie was Narnia: Prince Caspian. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. And Edward was pretty awesome in it so that was a plus for me.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The Nibelungs

Just the first part of Lang's duology, nonetheless, it's far better than I expected: It's intense and dramatic yet doesn't lose the expect visual style and rythm so characteristic of this type of film. Can't wait for the weekend to see the second part.

Also, I think I have a crush on Brumhilde.

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Johnny English: Reborn - I love Rowan Atkinson as a comedy actor, and the two JE movies are both hilarious. It really is how the average man would find the spy business XD

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Irreversible.

I very nearly shut it off after about fifteen minutes because the swirling, jerking, rotating camera craziness was literally making me sick to my stomach. I'm glad I stuck through it, because it turned into a fantastic, Memento-like film with strong performances. But holy hell, a little restraint on the camerawork would have been nice.

mulcahy67

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Dream House

- crap. boring, tedious, and a story that seems to offer twists yet provides no real interesting twist except the one you already see five hundred times in the trailer. the end was so randomly written together. 3/10

The Change-Up

- sort of on the fence about this one. Bateman and Reynolds were magic, with good chemistry, and they both delivered the best that their style of comedy has to offer. however, the writing was a bit forced. a lot of the moments were crude just to be crude, and weren't actually that funny. still, i found it relatively entertaining, and if you like Batman and Reynolds, you can probably find some joy out of it. 6/10

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Bereavement - (Blu Ray) It was billed as 'the best indie horror of the year' and quite possibly that's true--I didn't watch the others, they might all have been worse--but I'm still in mourning (<--see what I did there?) for my $14.95. It was the worst sort of assembly line slaughter/schlock horror.

About the most that can be said for it is that the cover art was pretty good and it wasn't a remake of anything.

Last edited:

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
The Thing, the new one featuring more Norwegians than have ever appeared in a non-Norwegian movie before.

It was surprisingly pretty good! Nowhere near Carpenter's 80s classic, but faithful to the mythology, and it ties in quite nicely as a prequel. And the CGI take on the over-the-top visceral body horror that made the 80s movie so wonderful is quite well done.

Now I'm itching to play some Dead Space...

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Fangs of the Living Dead (1969). Italian shlock vampire horror. The scariest thing in it was Anita Eckberg's eye makeup. :eek: But it's very good for a laugh. I got it as part of an 11-movie horror collection for $7.99. I plan to chuckle my way through all 11 movies.

Flowerfairy

Lady Entropia
Registered
Reaction score
@Diana: yeah. Fast 5 is a lot of fun. Watching Van Diesel come up against Dwayne Johnson is a lot of fun.

Alright, I just finished Columbiana and Faster for the second time.