Last Movie You Watched...

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
In the theater: Apollo 18. Continuity fail with the "found footage" business, but I liked it otherwise. (Moon zombies=yes!)

On DVD: Death Note: L Change the World. (Yes, I'm that kind of nerd. Don't judge me.)

kzhen8

Registered
Reaction score
The last movie I saw was 28 days later. Recommend you to watch it, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes. Go ape, indeed! A very smart and tense pure sci-fi epic, with just the right amount of explosive action in the second half.
And on the classic circuit, Repo Man. A favorite from my collegiate punk days, but it still holds up as a retro favorite. Funny, sick and beautifully twisted and surreal.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Contagion - I really, really enjoyed this. It probably was chock full of inaccuracies if you're an expert in epidemiology, but I'm not. It didn't pander. I don't recall any explosions. It was a deft exercise in storytelling. There were 7 or 8 separate story lines, which could easily have been confusing but wasn't. I cared at least a little bit about pretty much all of the characters. It wasn't trying to be entertaining in a blockbuster movie sort of way, but I thought it was very solid indeed. It's probably my favorite movie of 2011 thus far. I'm certainly going to buy it when it's available. Highly recommended.

PrincessTeacake

Registered
Reaction score
Final Destination 5. I've seen them all and they've all been getting progressively worse since the first one, so I went in expecting it to be dire. I was pleasantly surprised though, the deaths were pretty clever and there were a few twists I didn't see coming.

Blake M. Petit

Geek Pundit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.evertimerealms.com
I was kind of disappointed in Contagion, actually. It's not a bad movie by any means, but it was terribly mismarketed. The trailers made it look like some sort of biological thriller, while it was much more of a character and societal drama. It wasn't what I expected at all.

Flur

Registered
Reaction score
Contagion. I was extremely disappointed and underwhelmed. I'll give Hollywood credit, though, for releasing a film like that. No gore or explosions or car chases, but my God, what a drab movie.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Gods and Monsters Lovely piece with Sir Ian McKellen and Brendan Frasier before he chose to be sucky. Made me laugh, made me cry, made me think.

jamesn65

Registered
Reaction score
Website
nickjamesbooks.com
GI-JOE Hahaha I know it's a bad movie, but the action sequences are actually quite good (the chase in Paris is AWESOME), and I felt like something stupid that didn't require me to do any heavy thinking!

Before that, it was WIN WIN, which was an excellent little indie movie.

mario_c

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Apollo 18. It worked better as sci-fi than horror - they were trying for Blair Witch Project meets Alien which is a goofy enough idea, but the "found footage" style and clunky editing didn't really sell the idea. So, it was just OK.
Looking forward to Contagion - in IMAX! Steven Soderbergh not sucking anymore? I want to see that!

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
In theaters-"The Whistleblower." Fine performances all around, even though it did remind me a bit of a "Law and Order" episode.

On demand-"Hide and Seek." Otherwise known as four very talented actors in search of a paycheck :).

Serena Casey

User Titles Rock
Registered
Reaction score
Website
serenacasey.com
The Help. My DH actually suggested it, which surprised me because he normally hates to watch movies where people are victims of severe prejudice. We both enjoyed it despite a couple small nitpicks.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
With absolutely nothing worth viewing on regular tv, I went to On Demand and four "The Eagle."
I have no idea who the actors were except for one - and I can't remember his name. The acting was okay, the script was what one expects from a historical pix.
But - the scenery was awesome! If it was filmed in the north of Scotland and that is really what The Highlands is like - I can only say it's gorgeous.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The Fairly Oddparents: Grow up, Timmy Turner!

I saw it with my little sister, I liked it more than I expected it. After the bummer that was The Smurfs, it's nice to see a film that is a spot-on adaptation of the spirit of a cartoon. Even if it can be a bit tiresome.

mario_c

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Well, Contagion was really impressive - both willies-inducing and action packed, but also really heartfelt. Ultimate combo! Watching it in IMAX really amplified the gruesome visuals :eek: and I could watch it again for the story, which in true Soderbergh style is complicated. I particularly enjoyed Kate Winslet as the stressed out doctor and Matt Damon as the suddenly widowed single father.

(The hard sci-fi trifecta is complete. Thank you, Comic-Con effect!)

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
Incendies. Wow. My wife hates foreign movies, and nearly had a cow when I told her she'd rented a film mostly in French, but she sat through it and was as impressed as I was. The Canadians turned out to be a lot better at film-making than Bob and Doug McKenzie led me to believe.