Last Movie You Watched...

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
I just watched Last Night, with Sandra Oh again. Pretty good. 3 stars.

schadenfreude

good with salt
Registered
Reaction score
Vanishing on 7th Street with Hayden Christensen. Um, yeah. They definitely should've had an alternate ending, one where they looked into the croatoan theory in far more detail.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Source Code. It's Quantum Leap meets Groundhog Day meets Murder on the Orient Express meets Repo-Man, with a bit of tragic romance thrown in. It's very well done, though. I like it.

(except they're SO setting up a sequel/TV series at the end. Ugh. Who will play in Quantum Leap 2... I mean, the Source Code, the TV series?)

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
Source Code. It's Quantum Leap meets Groundhog Day meets Murder on the Orient Express meets Repo-Man, with a bit of tragic romance thrown in. It's very well done, though. I like it.

(except they're SO setting up a sequel/TV series at the end. Ugh. Who will play in Quantum Leap 2... I mean, the Source Code, the TV series?)

I saw it today. 3 stars.

Dgullen

Ustom Ser Itle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.davidgullen.com
I saw 'the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' last night. This is a film that doesn't pull its punches, the subject matter is grim, the portrayal realistic, so I would say it is good and well-made rather then 'enjoyable'.

For me it is cut a little long, though this may be a cas of balance rather than length because while the back story of 'the girl' is spare to the point of near obscurity other scenes are quite literal, the dialogue very 'on the nose'. Elsewhere some situations in retropsect feel implausible. Atmosphere and environment are evoked very well and there is a good ensemble of actors.

Overall this is well worth watching, and nice to see some high quality European cinema.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Zombie Flesh Eaters.

A few things stand out.
Firstly, it's got Ian 'that bloke off Survivors' McCulloch in it.

Secondly, it's much better than I remember.

Thirdly, Zombie vs Shark was very impressive. Now we just need vampire vs dinosaur.

Aimless Lady

Head in the Clouds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maggieblackbird.com
I'm watching French Kiss right now. Meg Ryan is just so cute in it!

I love that movie.

Abandon. It was okay...I guess. We had a cross between sleet and snow all day yesterday, so it's how me and the hubby spent the afternoon, watching the Dusk channel.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The Cable Guy.

I believe it would have worked better with a more experienced director and focused more as a thriller rather than a comedy.

Willum

fringe dweller
Registered
Reaction score
Rango

It's an entertaining variation of the "New sheriff in town" story. Enjoyed this one a lot.

Curfew Gull

Feeding my Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Seven

Stayed up late to watch it - saw it in the theatres when it came out, and wanted to see it again, because I'm writing a "evil nemesis" character so wanted to study Kevin Spacey's in this movie.

I'm a great fan of Fincher - but this movie gross out factor is a bit too much for me. Very well done, though.

Was cool to see Mr. Morgan Freeman in his prime - sexy beast he was, at least for me.

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
Død Snø (Dead Snow)

It's a super campy Norwegian horror film about a group of college students who get attacked by zombie Nazis while staying in a secluded cabin. Hilarious.