Last Movie You Watched...

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
I watched Love & Other Drugs

It was okay... too much sex for me (especially when I am watching it with my mother!)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Last weekend I watched The Iron Giant (love love love brilliant animated film!!!). I FINALLY saw the last 20 min of Paranormal Activity (cause i got sick at the theater and missed it) and I saw A Tale of Two Sisters (a foreign/Korean film). I LOVED it. The style and pacing reminded me a lot of Let the Right One in In. It was very eery and creepy and had a great and fantastic twist that I did not see coming at the end. Very good horror film.

About to watch The Social Network. Can't wait! I love Justin Timberlake and heard gave a stellar performance in this film along with his co-actors.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Where the Wild Things Are.

Last night. Hadn't seen it before. Strange, dark, disturbing movie, not at all a kid's flick. But I'd give it a B+. Certainly worth watching if you haven't seen it. Just don't expect a Pixar-style comedy.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. The Social Network was FANTASTIC!!!!! The acting was phenomenal. I was thoroughly impressed and I don't know what rock i've been hiding under, but i had no idea it was based on a true story. Wow! Crazy, crazy, crazy. I will admit that the dialogue was sometimes spoken so quickly (especially in the opening scene) that Dh and I had to use English subtitles to follow what they were saying. GREAT MOVIE!

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
The Speed of Thought with Nick Stahl. Terrible movie. Badly edited, acted, etc. Horrendously written!

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Had The Boy this weekend so we watched The Tooth Fairy, Encino Man and Get Smart.

Encino Man is a total guilty pleasure so I'm glad he liked it best. When The Boy was small, and I'd give him a juice box, I'd always warn him, "Don't squeeze the juice!"

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Dog Soldiers. Again. Can't get enough. So effing cool. Spoon is my favorite character. I wanna have his babies.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
A small, little comedy called Cedar Rapids starring Ed Helms (The Hangover), with John C. Reily, Sigourney Weaver, Anne Heche... I'm surprised how much I enjoyed it. Great characters who put a smile on my face...

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
Saw Sucker Punch. 1-1/2 stars. Fighting was well done, but there were too many enemies, too many fight scenes.

schadenfreude

good with salt
Registered
Reaction score
Howl's Moving Castle.

Thought it was neat and heartwarming.

Would it be shallow of me to say "Christian Bale's voice - YUM"?

Uh, I watched 44 Minutes. Is it weird that I'm in love with a man more than four times my age? Oh Al Pacino. :)

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Barbarella.

In some points, it hasn't aged well. Demonstrated to have the most hilarious "sex scene" soundtrack.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
The new Jane Eyre. I'm glad they decided not to dwell too much on her childhood and to give ample screentime to St John Rivers and his family. Mia Wasikowska was excellent, and I hope this causes people to take another look at her performance in Burton's Alice, or at least not to hold it against her.

schadenfreude

good with salt
Registered
Reaction score
Never Let Me Go.

It made me cry and cut my heart into itty-bitty pieces. For the whole day, I've felt hollow, like Andrew Garfield's scream at the end is just echoing throughout my whole being. I still don't know whether I liked it more than the book.

I probably need some space from the teary experience.