Last Movie You Watched...

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Unstoppable. Great fun. Denzel and Chris Pine worked well together and Rosario Dawson is always great.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Requiem for a Dream. Forgot how trippy that movie is. Can't imagine watching it while high.

Shallow Hal. I know it is a silly movie, and I hate most of the Farrelly brothers movies, but this one has some sweet and funny moments.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
I watched half of The Social Network--an extraordinarily boring film. The script was so bad that they covered it up with every sort of distracting noise, but it wasn't enough.

The King's Speech
is an average movie with decent acting, otherwise forgettable.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Unknown - Liam Neeson wakes up from a four day coma and his wife doesn't know who he is. The story did strain plausibility a wee bit, I thought the last twenty minutes pulled it all together about as well as could have been hoped for. Also, there was a a really excellent supporting cast: Bridget von Hammersmark from Inglourious Basterds, Frank Langella and Aidan Quinn.

Overall I feel like I got my matinee's worth, but I think you could safely wait until video.

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
Let's try this again:

Just watched 127 Hours. Felt like they stretched a lot. Almost the entire film was him sitting there hallucinating. As far as small-set movies go, Buried was definitely better. Between the two of them, the latter should definitely have been nominated before the former. Buried had a better screenplay, better directing, better cinematography and better acting. But it's not based on a true story, so...

LIVIN

Registered
Reaction score
The last movie I watched was fantastic, re-affirming that the movies I love are the quirkiest, thought-provoking movies.

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
Finally watched the Scott Prilgrim movie on DVD. Great fun.

When I rented it, the rental guy warned me not to get confused over the first half-hour or so because it gets awesome after that. Makes me wonder what kind of people have rented it before me.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
It wasn't really a movie but a docu on how they made the movie, Return of the Living Dead.

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
I've been going through Quentin Tarantino's filmography. Just watched Pulp Fiction followed by Reservoir Dogs. I could watch Pulp Fiction every day.

I'm about to make a sammo then watch either Inception or Due Date.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Gnomeo and Juliet.

Good Gawd.:cry:

Somebody in Hollywood is going to pay for this shit. The stuff they put parents through is too much. I pack shot bottles in my purse to get through it.

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
Unknown aka Liam Neeson ripping up snowy Berlin.

Reviewers keep comparing this to Taken, but it's actually more Jason Bourne meets Frantic, remember that 'Harrison Ford is a professor who arrives in Paris with his wife' pic? Quite similar.

I had to suppress a smile when I saw Bruno Ganz appear - even though I didn't know he would be in Unknown, I immediately recognized him as the Hitler guy from the YouTube parodies.