Last Movie You Watched...

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Black Swan. Not at all what I was expecting. Really good.

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
I usually watch several movies a day. Yesterday, however, all I watched was Star Trek: Insurrection. I will probably watch Nemesis later today, as I will, unfortunately, not be at the opera that I was scheduled to attend.

Eudoxia

The Undead Bookworm
Registered
Reaction score
Paranormal Activity 2. Disliked it and it is going in my top 10 worst movies of 2010.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Second Black Swan. I love Natalie Portman and there's a lot to love about her in this movie :) and I was surprised by how scary Winona and Barbara Hershey are in this. It sort of ran out of steam near the end the overdone orchestral music during the scary transformation scenes didn't work for me though the theatrical scenes are, really, heart stopping. This is one I won't stop pondering for awhile.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saw most of Sorcerer's Apprentice. Meh. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood? It was okayish, and then we bailed.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Watched The Losers and The A-Team last night. Both mindless action movies where logic is thrown out the window. But they were fun.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
Saw most of Sorcerer's Apprentice. Meh. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood? It was okayish, and then we bailed.

I watched all of it on PFV and it wasn't all that bad.
I just wish Cage would learn to show a bit of emotion.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Black Swan, again.

Tron Legacy. Good-looking film, nice score, but otherwise a real bore.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I watched all of it on PFV and it wasn't all that bad.
I just wish Cage would learn to show a bit of emotion.

Yeah, in fairness out beloved indoor cat had bolted out in the dark of the morning and was presumed dead from the cold when we watched SA. It most likely is a fine film.

But, the damned cat came back yesterday, I guess he had a hot solstice/eclipse date or something. He was cold and hungry but fine.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Just saw True Grit; it was effin' great. Closer to the original novel. 14-year-old Hailee Steinfeld is perfect as Mattie Ross.

Boy, Night of the Hunter must be the Coen brothers' favorite movie. In True Grit they use the hymn "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" (beautifully sung by Iris DeMent over the end credits); in The Man Who Wasn't There they closely mirror one of the famous shots from Night of the Hunter; and in Raising Arizona they use the line, "It's a hard world for little things." I'm sure there are other connections I've missed.

CtS

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw Inception and enjoyed it enough to want to see it again. Hoping to see Black Swan after hearing good reviews from people!

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
"A Complete History of My Sexual Failure"

I STRONGLY, STRONGLY, recommend this to anyone looking for a good laugh. Easily the funniest movie i've seen in years.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
He's Just Not That Into You. Pretty disappointing. Great cast, so I expected better, and there were a few ok moments. But too many storylines, it was all over the place. I didn't care about half the people.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
Indiana Jones & The Crystal Skull - not too bad but a bit on the matchbook side - i.e., the action scenes could've come from any of the other Indy flics.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
True Grit. The Cohens' best since No Country for Old Men, and better than the original in every way (I even prefer Bridges to John Wayne). The studio should be pushing Hailee Steinfeld for Best Supporting or even best lead actress.