Last Movie You Watched...

euphoria

Registered
Reaction score
It's been so long since I last watched a movie. I guess that was "Cats and Dogs," and before that, it was "Up." Yep, a one-year interval between these two movies. yayks!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today I went to see Red. But I really wanted to see the new Matt Damon flick, Hereafter. My husband said the reviews weren't that great so he didn't want to see it. I thought Red was so-so. Some of it was funny, but I'm not crazy about shooting and things blowing up.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Man in the Iron Mask (for the umpteenth time). _ It remains one of my favorites all time movies. Jeremy Irons is the shit. And Leo, ah Leo.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Diana, you haven't seen the best version. Hie thee to the library (or possibly Netflix) and borrow/rent the 1939 version with Louis Hayward, Waren William, Joan Bennett... and so many more. It is teh shiznit.

We watched Iron Man 2 last night (I realize we are hopelessly behind the movie-viewing curve. :)) It was fun and mindless and the director is excellent. Not because of the FX and explosions, but because of the interpersonal dynamics. Downey Jr and Paltrow - excellent. In general, an enjoyable 2 hours.

Right now I'm watchng the truly abysmal remake of Friday the 13th. Normally I avoid these like the plague, but it has 2 things going for it: It was a free rental, and Jared Padalecki. Om nom nom.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh --- Jonah Hex. Maybe it got better. We bailed after a half hour. Sucked.

Alan_Often

Swashbuckler
Registered
Reaction score
Last night I was in the mood for some good ol' fun so I watched The Man In The Iron Mask (gotta love Malkovich and Irons together) and followed it up with a dose of Top Gun. I feel the need...the need for speed!

EDIT: Just read above! Seems I'm not the only fan of Randall Wallace's TMITIM. Stilted deliveries aside, especially from Di Caprio (he's gotten way better) that movie has some genuinely interesting exchanges, and looks gorgeous.

Last edited:

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Watched a British werewolf film last night called 13 Hrs. Utter crap. Avoid at all costs unless you're 12.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Paranormal Activity 2. I liked it more than the first.

Aldrey

Writer in the making
Registered
Reaction score
The Hereafter. It was a tear-jerker.Great example of good writing. I fell in love w/the set of twin boys after only a few scenes. The writer made me care for the boys in a very short period of time. I guess it was a combo of acting, writing and directing.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Frost - Jeff Goldblum gets an opportunity to chew european scenery in the role of The Devil, and takes full advantage. It's not exactly a timeless classic, but it's not bad either. Kind of in the Rosemary's Baby vein--lots of Evil, not much gore, couple of really good scenes, couple of really bad scenes. I'd say it's worth a glance if you happen on it flipping through channels. Possibly it's worth tracking down on Netflix or whatever if you have a high tolerance for 80's haircuts.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cloverfield (again) - We had to leave the theatre due to shakey cam when it came out, but on the TV I don't have any problems. I like it. Monsters is better, though.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
In honor of Hallowe'en and my day off today, I'm indulging in some of my favorites. Right now it's Die, Monster, Die! With Boris Karloff as the deluded gree-glowing scientist and Nick Adams as a wooden post.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
Return to Oz - reminded me of when I had every book in the Oz series and how wonderful they were.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Finished the always funny Attack of the Crab Monsters and am in the middle of Horror Hotel. One of the best early Christopher Lee movies.

Horror Hotel is great. Not seen that in years.

I watched Predators last night. It was a bit...meh. :Shrug:

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Clue.

Marathoning the whole Whispering Corridors series for Halloween.