Last Movie You Watched...

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
Eat, Pray, Love. Wasn't as good as I expected. It was very long and dragged at times. I didn't stay for the whole thing. By the time she got to Bali, I was over it :(

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Love the Indian that plays as Daniel Day Lewis' brother even more :e2brows:

what?
WHAT?

Actually, that was exactly what I was thinking.

Twisted minds think alike :D

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Eat, Pray, Love. Wasn't as good as I expected. It was very long and dragged at times. I didn't stay for the whole thing. By the time she got to Bali, I was over it :(

Huh. That's exactly what happened to me when I read the book. I did end up finishing it eventually, though. Maybe now I'll wait for the dvd.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Not a chance
Okay.
You can have THIS Indian...
studib.jpg

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Finally saw Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton version). Not quite what I expected. Some good parts, some not so good parts. Probably would have enjoyed it more if I didn't know the original Carroll versions (and recently reread it). But not a bad movie overall.

The movie was beautiful to watch though, loved the costumes especially.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Percy Jackson. Waste of film. (Have requested the book from the library as an antidote.)
My daughter was mega-disappointed because she'd read the book and said they really botched the movie. She became embarrassed for me to continue watching this movie.

She insists the book is fabulous.

Salt (compare it to having a bowl of broth versus stew...it had such potential...but was left to boil w/o anything added for too long)

Alien (daughter hadn't seen the first one)

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Inception, it was great movie, even I'm not fan of Dicaprio. The dream scenes were awesome!

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
Started watching Zombieland. After 15 minutes, decided it was crap and watched 5 Card Stud with Dean Martin and James Mitchum.

I think Dean was always under-rated as an actor. He did a superb job in that film and I loved it!

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Nanny MacPhee Returns. It was cute.

Satori1977

Registered
Reaction score
Started watching Zombieland. After 15 minutes, decided it was crap and watched 5 Card Stud with Dean Martin and James Mitchum.

Nooo, I love Zombieland!! My hubby bought it for me when I was sick to cheer me up (The commercials always made me laugh, and he knows I like zombie flicks). As soon as I was done watching it the first time, I started it over. Rarely do that.

Satori1977

Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday was a do nothing day, mostly watched movies and read. Watched the original Predator (hadn't seen it in maybe 10 years) then the two Alien Vs. Predator movies. Neither of them are great, but was in the mood for fighting and violence, so it worked.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I saw The Fourth Kind. It was pretty good. I always love Milla. She has done no wrong by me. Loved the way they filmed this movie. It was different.

thewakingself

Plays with fire.
Registered
Reaction score
Eat Pray Love. Meh. Too long, and all it made me do is crave decent gelato and want to return to Rome.

Franklyn. Such a strange, strange movie... but I liked it. Meanwhile City's design was very cool.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Arsenic and Old Lace and City Lights, taking advantage of the dozen of DVD movies I bought last week.

Satori1977

Registered
Reaction score
Arsenic and Old Lace and City Lights, taking advantage of the dozen of DVD movies I bought last week.

Arsenic and Old Lace is one of my favorites, don't know too many people that have seen it. I saw it on stage when I was ten, came home, and rented the movie.

Just watch The Mummy 1 and 2 last night. Love these. Can't stand the third one. And I heard they are making a 4th. Why can't a series quit while they are ahead, instead of making crap?

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Arsenic and Old Lace is one of my favorites, don't know too many people that have seen it. I saw it on stage when I was ten, came home, and rented the movie.

Just watch The Mummy 1 and 2 last night. Love these. Can't stand the third one. And I heard they are making a 4th. Why can't a series quit while they are ahead, instead of making crap?

I wish I could see the stage version some day! About The Mummy, well, as long it keeps producing money...