Last Movie You Watched...

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Predators - Not great, but better than I was expecting. A lot of times you can see a good script peeking out from behind mediocre acting. This one struck me as good performances peeking out from behind a mediocre script. Adrian Brody wouldn't have been my first choice as an action hero, but he really did do a fine job. Danny Trejo always seems to me more or less like Danny Trejo, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Topher Grace did well right up until the end. Various people made sincere-sounding "arrgh" noises and an adequate amount of stuff blew up. Probably worth a matinee, and I'd definitely recommend it as a rental. YMMV.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shrek Forever After - It was what you expect from a Shrek film. Which means I loved it.

Nope, no spoilers here. And after the trailer for Despicable Me, I know what my next two film outings will be: That, and Toy Story 3.

The Last Airbender definitely won't be one of them; even the trailer dialogue sounded cliched. If I'm yawning after two minutes of the best bits, ain't no way I'm going to see the whole thing.

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
Knight and Day was nice enough. Due to an odd set of circumstances, I and a friend got a free pass to see this flick. In a nutshell, this was "Three Days of the Condor" redone as a romantic comedy. It was quite charming and when I described it to some friends they wanted to see it. Not a great movie, but pleasant enough.

ceenindee

Registered
Reaction score
Where the Wild Things Are. I found it...weird...Probably it went over my head. Although the first twenty minutes or so were compelling.

CharmedMethod

Registered
Reaction score
The Sword in the Stone, yes the Disney movie obviously, and I love it still!
Well soon that won't be the last movie I watched, because I'm almost getting done with one of my favorite movies, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, and soon that movie will count.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Predators. Well, nice action, nice settings. I wasn't expecting much, so I'm not really disappointed. It's a fun movie.

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
Predators. I liked it. Liked Adrian Brody a lot in this. Half expected to see Michelle Rodriquez in this. Of course, she's not in it. But, the acting was pretty good. The story was pretty good, too. Go see it.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Predators. I liked it. Liked Adrian Brody a lot in this. Half expected to see Michelle Rodriquez in this. Of course, she's not in it. But, the acting was pretty good. The story was pretty good, too. Go see it.

yeah...that Adrian Brody...he was kinda HAWT in this one...

I'm so mature.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Old Dogs.
Ugh.
Glad it was Netflix and not high dollar theater tickets!

Okay...reaction to Rx, THAT was funny...rest of movie was a sleeper.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
DH had me watch Scent of a Woman last night - what a great movie! And now I know where a bunch of his quotes come from. ;)

CharmedMethod

Registered
Reaction score
In theaters: The Soreceor's Apprentice (and I loved it, I gotta see it again or at least pruchase it once it hits the store shelves on DVD)
On DVD: Blade Runner, Men in Black II, and Nim's Island

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Kids loved Preditor vs. Aliens and Preditors, soooooooo, today they want to watch first Alien movie and first Preditor movie.
*sniff*
They make me so proud.
;D

eventidepress

Registered
Reaction score
HOLY SHIT, DR WHO WAS IN THE 4TH HARRY POTTER MOVIE ALL THIS TIME AND I NEVER NOTICED BEFORE!!!
ahem.
Sorry. [/end David Tennant rant]