Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Invictus. (Can you tell I went to Blockbuster for the first time in 2 months?) Morgan Freeman is beyond brilliant in this movie. Poor Matt Damon did a great job, but was totally eclipsed by Freeman's performance.

STKlingaman

Followed the Red Brick Road
Registered
Reaction score
Myra Breckingridge

I always though this was dark brooding movie.
But what a gas, although it was explained
away in a rather common way (a dream).
And wow Rachel Welch was marvelous,
have to look up more of her movies.

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
I recently watched Killers. I didn't find it as funny as I had hoped.

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
Myra Breckingridge

I recommend Kansas City Bomber.

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
Tropic Thunder.

I don't know how they're going to fill a movie centered on Tom Cruise's Les Grossman character, even though he's ok in this one.

Kyra Wright

Skulduggery and haberdashery
Registered
Reaction score
Do documentary films count? If so, the last movie I watched was Every Little Step.

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw "The Runaways," which was pretty good.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what I should watch next?

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
"Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon." (1943) I really do enjoy those Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce versions. I just wonder why they decided to make Dr. Watson such an addled-brained, bumbler, although Nigel plays it to perfection.

You aren't alone in wondering that. He wasn't that ditzy in other films - She, for example, or Charge of the Light Brigade with Errol Flynn. I have no problem overlooking his flaws, though, since Rathbone (whom my dad calls Rasil Bathrobe) was so incredibly perfect as Holmes.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Two in a day - The Disappearance of Alice Creed followed by the 1954 version of Dial M for Murder, shown in 3D at the BFI Southbank, London.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I finally watched Cloverfield. Enjoyed most of it... till reality kicked in and one solid hour of shakycam hit my brain. Blergh. Possible greenish tinge to my gills after that. I hate shakycam with every fiber of my being. (I knew it was shakycam going in, so I could look away when it got too much for me.)

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gonzo. A documentary on Hunter S. Thompson, narrated by Johnny Depp. Right before that, I watched Harlan Ellison: Dreams With Sharp Teeth. Now I'm looking for another writer documentary, heh.

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
I finally watched Cloverfield. Enjoyed most of it... till reality kicked in and one solid hour of shakycam hit my brain. Blergh. Possible greenish tinge to my gills after that. I hate shakycam with every fiber of my being. (I knew it was shakycam going in, so I could look away when it got too much for me.)

hey, lily. I saw it when it first came out - well, some of it. I suffer from a Equilibrioception (sense of balance) problem, so I can't watch that kind of thing. I wanted to say I liked Cloverfield, but couldn't.

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
Gonzo. A documentary on Hunter S. Thompson, narrated by Johnny Depp. Right before that, I watched Harlan Ellison: Dreams With Sharp Teeth. Now I'm looking for another writer documentary, heh.

I met Harlan Ellison at a Star Trek convention. He wasn't very nice to me. I asked to take his picture and he nastily refused. Maybe because he's only 4 feet tall and I was almost 5'7"? (I couldn't resist.)

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
Saw the new A-Team movie. Some of the acting was forced, and, it seemed to me, exaggerated. Maybe to cover up the very poorly written screenplay?

It wasn't too good. Bradley Cooper was okay and the guy who plays the "I pity the fool" B.A. Baracus part.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Dirty Pictures, about an obscenity trial in Ohio against the pictures of Robert Mapplethorpe and Toy Story 2. Possible the weirdest movie combination.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm a huge horror movie lover. I just saw one of the craziest/bloodiest (realistic bloody), violent movies I've EVER seen. The story was interesting, made me jump several times and though this doesn't happen often, there were times where I was watching the movie through my fingers. The movie is called MARTYRS. It was sooooo good. It's a French film with subtitles. Highly recommend if you like scary/gory/horror films.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Myra Breckingridge

It is a solid film, but the dream part is kinda disappointing. But, really, did you think Rex Reed could become Rachel Welch?

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Jackie Chan's "The Spy Next Door". Good movie with lots of fun stuff and no unnecessary, lurid scenes. Kid actors were pretty good too.

Penguin

Inspiration might strike you
Registered
Reaction score
I saw Sweeny Todd two nights ago. I thought it would be much scarier than it was.
I saw Juno last night. Didn't really like it that much.

Last edited: