Last Movie You Watched...

Grizzlage

Registered
Reaction score
Shutter Island for me too. Not at all what I was expecting based on the trailers. And towards the end it did feel like it was dragging just slightly. But I still enjoyed it. Kept me guessing that's for sure.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
The Crazies. No, not the new one :D the George Romero 1973 poverty row original. Strange how the diseased maniacs aren't even the antagonistic force in this one, but instead it's the troops in the creepy bunny suits and gas masks. I'm sure the remake doesn't touch that statement with a ten foot pole...

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
The Lovely Bones

Utterly depressing. Wasn't the right movie for yesterday, since I was feeling low and abandoned by the world. Loved it anyway.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
The Professional: Golgo 13. The second film of the Golgo 13 anime series. The show is much better.

Paper & Pencil

I miss the pink elephant...
Registered
Reaction score
The Mist, I guess it was the newest remake? My sister mentioned there was an older one.
*sigh* got so many movies downstairs to watch that I haven't yet...

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
The House of the Devil - As advertised, it was an authentic reproduction of an 80s horror movie--satanic theme, grainy print, period actors, not real good.

The Informer - True story of a VP at Archer Daniels Midland who decides to inform to the FBI for reasons of his own. I read the book, and it was both baffling and interesting. The movie kept the baffling and threw in a couple of yuks, but the interesting didn't come across. Matt Damon did a nice job, but I wouldn't describe the final product as a success.

Whip It - The Drew Barrymore roller derby thing. Funny as hell. Highly recommended.

stitchingirl

Registered
Reaction score
The last movie in the theater that I saw was "Dear John", which my teenage daughter dragged me to go see.

The last DVD movie that I saw was "Step Up". It has Channing Tatum in it, who was the male lead in "Dear John".

Channing Tatum..need I say more? :tongue

STKlingaman

Followed the Red Brick Road
Registered
Reaction score
Kit Kittredge: An America Girl

Great Movie for all ages - Loved it.

From Net-flix,
Law Abiding Citizen - sometimes they go overboard, they fell to the bottom on this one.
--rant note - I wish every once in a while when a movie heads down this path they consider how truly great Arlington Road was, and take a hint.

The Inventing of Lying - nice, nothing spectacular (well except for the darling Jennifer)

Last edited:

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
More episodes of Mad Men—which isn't technically a movie, but it comes from Netflix, so I'm counting it. :)

childeroland

Registered
Reaction score
Shutter Island. Mid-level Scorsese, and NOT as good as the underrated Bringing Out the Dead. You're basically just waiting for the twist to happen, which you can see coming just from reading the synopsis. Michelle Williams is very, very good, as is Patricia Clarkson.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Just saw The Brothers Bloom. I thought it had some great, laugh out loud moments. Very cute, clever story. Great combination of characters.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Love Happens

I rented it for the wife and decided to watch it, too. Terrible title. It's not a chick film in the traditional sense (Sandra Bullock/Hugh Grant tripe). It's a lot of Aaron Eckhart and some Jennifer Aniston. It was better than I expected.

Jenn needs to change her look for at least one movie. I'm pretty sure "the Rachel" is out of fashion.

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
The Discrete Charm of the Bourgeoisie. Very funny, and typically surreal for Bunuel but in a more subtle way than I've seen in his other films (although I have to admit to not having seen a vast number of his films). Very nicely done on many levels.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Crazy Heart.

Good but simple and not for folks who need a fast-paced, intense drama. That said, Jeff Bridges has the Oscar nabbed. Hands down. But then I knew that even before I saw the movie. You can just tell it's the type of performance that'll win, and it's his time.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Coraline.

Very cool. Tim Burton's got a wild imagination! Too bad the Little One got scared, and we had to turn it off when it was almost over!

childeroland

Registered
Reaction score
Coraline was done by Henry Selick, not Tim Burton

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The Discrete Charm of the Bourgeoisie. Very funny, and typically surreal for Bunuel but in a more subtle way than I've seen in his other films (although I have to admit to not having seen a vast number of his films). Very nicely done on many levels.

Sir! You just have insulted the Republic of Miranda!

G-Men with James Cagney. I don't know why, but I have been feeling Scorcese wants to makes Di Caprio his own Cagney...

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Good point, Max. Actually, just got back from Shutter Island and he really has DiCaprio working the Irish/"Bahstan" accent in their last few pieces, doesn't he? :ROFL: This is a great story, and Scorsese really reins in the frantic pace of his other recent works. It's the closest thing he's done to true horror since, well, Taxi Driver (which I almost think counts as horror). And I want that soundtrack.