Last Movie You Watched...

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
"american splendor," which, in my opinion, rocked balls.

MerryDay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
evemarieperry.com
The Covenant--4 buff teen boys, the descendants of real witches, make pact with Satan, do evil stuff, yada, yada. Eye candy factor: 10. Plot holes: big enough to drive a Mack truck through. Plot resolution: nonexistent, prepare for direct-to-vid sequels. However, overall not too bad. Needed a moral stand: were the guys good or evil? The movie tried to stay neutral, which didn't work when Hero Boy had to save his GF from Villain Boy--and both were witches.

I just finished watching The Covenant about 30 minutes ago. Wow, it was a ridiculous film, but I really liked it. And yeah, the eye candy factor was astronomical! My next hero may be modeled after Steven Strait...

Last edited:

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I am watching American Psycho.... Wow.
Worst movie EVER...what kind of person goes around talking about Whitney Houston while getting ready to hack someone to pieces? Honestly, can't Hollywood come up with anything original?

Although Christian Bale is a talented actor his talents were horribly wasted.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Mississippi Burning one awesomely disturbing movie...yet it's history, and well...history isn't all roses. But still a very good movie.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Worst movie EVER...what kind of person goes around talking about Whitney Houston while getting ready to hack someone to pieces? Honestly, can't Hollywood come up with anything original?

It was adapted from an original novel. What kind of person? A psycho, of course. And American Psycho made Christian Bale's career, so I doubt it was a waste.

Bad Penny

Banned
Reaction score

I'm really struggling with myself here about making that my sig line

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
It was adapted from an original novel. What kind of person? A psycho, of course. And American Psycho made Christian Bale's career, so I doubt it was a waste.

I thought American Psycho was really fantastic. Bale was chilling.

Last movie I watched was Inside Man on HBO last night. Probably the only Spike Lee flick I've ever liked, although Denzel is getting really skeevy and sleazy as he gets older.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
In the Heat of the Night, which was amazing. Mesmerising performances from not just Rod Steiger and Sidney Poitier, but the supporting cast, too. Brilliant.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I thought American Psycho was really fantastic. Bale was chilling.

Last movie I watched was Inside Man on HBO last night. Probably the only Spike Lee flick I've ever liked, although Denzel is getting really skeevy and sleazy as he gets older.

Agreed. I liked some Spike Lee movies, but this one was very un-Spike Lee-like.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Four Brothers. Excellent, underrated film. Not my typical film, but my sister recommended it (not her typical film, either, so I had to check it out).
A superb film. I have it on DVD, I can't quite explain why I watch it so much, but I do.

The Simpsons movie... just got back from it. It's okay... I was kind of bored. Perhaps it was because I wasn't really in a good mood going to the theater...
I went down to thecinema this afternoon to see it, but the queue was out the door, so I went to the pub instead.

Maestro@Work said:
Saw Sunshine yesterday. Great movie (except maybe the last 20 minutes).
Yup, the 'slasher movie' part was a bit naff, but the ending was top notch.

I read the book and thought it lousy. So I haven't seen the film.

Me? well I watched The Shining last night. It's the first time I've seen it in a good long while.
Much better than I remembered, really very unnerving. But still not as good as the book: The Only Book That Ever Scared Me.

Right now, I'm watching Young Frankenstein (Again). "Close your robe and follow me"

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Zodiac

Fu**ing TERRIBLE movie...oh, I'm sure the story MIGHT have been interesting enough, but the sound editing crew ought to be standing in the unemployment line. They allowed the music to drown out the dialogue: people, there's a reason why it's called background music.
Bloody movie left me twitchy.

Took the kids to see Harry Potter last night. Eh. Seemed like it was missing something...was this done by yet another director? Perhaps they didn't have alka seltzer to offer him, so he took his belly ache out on what should have been superb.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
A superb film. I have it on DVD, I can't quite explain why I watch it so much, but I do.

I went down to thecinema this afternoon to see it, but the queue was out the door, so I went to the pub instead.

Yup, the 'slasher movie' part was a bit naff, but the ending was top notch.

I read the book and thought it lousy. So I haven't seen the film.

Me? well I watched The Shining last night. It's the first time I've seen it in a good long while.
Much better than I remembered, really very unnerving. But still not as good as the book: The Only Book That Ever Scared Me.

Right now, I'm watching Young Frankenstein (Again). "Close your robe and follow me"
Haven't seen YF in decades....best damned laugh out loud movie ever!
Okay...wait....take that back...Fierce Creatures was pretty funny, the opening to The Holy Grail had me laughing so hard, it was hours before I could start the movie again...something about clonking those coconuts for sound effect...oh Gawd...here I go again....

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
Training Day.

For some reason, I thought it was some macho feelgood movie about an army rookie, where the Sergeant shouts at him a lot but ends up respecting him and everyone learns and grows, so I didn't bother.

Liked the mayhem and the immorality a lot better.:D

Wasn't this great? You might like Harsh Times, too.

We just watched Breach last night. I'm not a Ryan Phillippe fan, and I wasn't crazy about it.

BarbJ

Registered
Reaction score
"'Lady Vanishes' on DVD. Hitchcock's best film. Yes, I said it."

Agreed 100% - gotta watch it yet again tonight. Yesterday I watched Category 6: Day of Destruction. Dumb movie, but lots of nature's fury and things falling to pieces, which I was in the mood for, for some reason. :D

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
"The Fountain"

Rubbish. Nearly turned it off half way through. I did have fun making smart ass comments about floating Christmas ornaments. I'm not surprised Brad Pitt decided this film was not for him back in 2002.

Storm Surge

Surfin'
Registered
Reaction score
Hitchcock's I, Confess
One of my favorite movies ever.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Rat Race -- for the umpteenth time. It's stupid. But it's really funny especially when you're slightly intoxicated... Especially the Nazi scene -- it's a classic.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Firefox. I know, it's an older movie, but I like Clint. Shooter before that.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Finally got to see Harry Potter 5. Now I know why the only thing my son could talk about when he went to see it with a friend was "Luna, Luna, Luna..." :D