Last Movie You Watched...

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Good German; it would have been a better movie if Sodenbergh hadn't chosen style over substance.

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I liked it, can't see why fans didn't like it.

Have you read the books, heard the radio play, seen the original BBC TV series?

We just watched Drag Me to Hell. It was fun.

S.J.

Addict? I can quit whenever I want!
Registered
Reaction score
Have you read the books, heard the radio play, seen the original BBC TV series?

I've read the books and listened to the radio play, and thought the film was great, albeit in a different way.

The last film I watched was Up. It made me cryyyyyy. *Sniff*.

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
I thought Drag me to Hell was a great title when I saw the previews. I suck at titles, can't write them, can't remember them, but that one I loved- didn't see the movie, though...

Last movie I watched, on Sunday The Mists of Avalon

MGraybosch

Lunch Break Novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.matthewgraybosch.com
I saw Zombieland on Sunday. It was freaking awesome. Best cameo ever.

Yeah, Zomebieland was awesome. I also saw The Brothers Bloom a couple of days ago. Rachel Weisz was adorable as Penelope, but I thought that Rinko Kikuchi was the better actress; she made her character believable without saying a single word.

Travis J. Smith

Witty User Title.
Registered
Reaction score
Antichrist

Was with you, Lars Von Trier. I mean, I really was.

Then the tools came out.

:Wha:

8.5/10

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
The Informant! The improbable but true tale of Mark Whitacre, whistle blowing VP at ADM in the 90s who turned out to not be acting with the best of intentions. To put it mildly. The central story is fascinating, but Soderbergh's pseudo-indie shakycam direction style is getting pretty old, and what's with the goofy lounge score? Matt Damon's performance at least is great, very real and unpretentious. OK, I guess.

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score
Labyrinth.

Not for the first time, and not for the last, either.

I love that film. Can't count the number of times I've seen it over the past twenty some years.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Paranormal Activity.

And Labyrinth is indeed a very fine film.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speed Racer. It was too colorful, too kinetic, too campy, but I found it charming and couldn't stop watching. When Spridle gives Royalston the finger, I was like, "OMG, did Spridle just give that guy the finger?" As a child I didn't care for Spridle (or Chim-Chim), but that kid had tons of character in the movie. Matthew Fox despite the campiness managed to give Racer X pathos. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I've read the books and listened to the radio play, and thought the film was great, albeit in a different way.

The last film I watched was Up. It made me cryyyyyy. *Sniff*.

As far as I have read about it, it seems Douglas Adams use to change the story a bit to adapt it better to the media it was using. The romance between Arthur and Trillian? pope Art Ganfunkel? All Douglas' ideas.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Speed Racer. It was too colorful, too kinetic, too campy, but I found it charming and couldn't stop watching. When Spridle gives Royalston the finger, I was like, "OMG, did Spridle just give that guy the finger?" As a child I didn't care for Spridle (or Chim-Chim), but that kid had tons of character in the movie. Matthew Fox despite the campiness managed to give Racer X pathos. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Finally someone else who liked Speed Racer! There nothing bad with some mindless fun here and there...

BTW, quoting Chester A. Bum "And everyone in Sperm Racer was dressed like candy!"

meeeeegin

The inside of my ear itches....boo.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

My friends went to see that while on shrooms and acid. They left the theatre screaming. It was funny and sad at the same time. Funny because i told them not too and sad because i paid 7 bucks(deer?) for that piece of crap movie.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My friends went to see that while on shrooms and acid. They left the theatre screaming. It was funny and sad at the same time. Funny because i told them not too and sad because i paid 7 bucks(deer?) for that piece of crap movie.

OMG, I couldn't imagine watching that tripping. Luckily, it was on cable, which I pay for anyway, so it was basically free.