Last Movie You Watched...

BrigidGH

I got soul but I'm not a soldier :)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mylifeasateenagenovelist.blogspot.com
I went to a drive-in movie theater for the first time the other night, with my family. It was a double feature, so we saw Despicable Me and Toy Story 3 back-to-back. Both great movies. :) No movie has made me cry as hard as TS3 did though … and I'm almost 18 years old. Heh heh *blushes*

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
Law Abiding Citizen. LOVED it, but wtf was up with the *SPOILER ALERT* tunneling from the jail cell? I thought that was a little weak...

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
I went to a drive-in movie theater for the first time the other night, with my family. It was a double feature, so we saw Despicable Me and Toy Story 3 back-to-back. Both great movies. :) No movie has made me cry as hard as TS3 did though … and I'm almost 18 years old. Heh heh *blushes*

OMG I CRIED DURING TS3 TOO! And I'm 19 :p

BrigidGH

I got soul but I'm not a soldier :)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mylifeasateenagenovelist.blogspot.com
OMG I CRIED DURING TS3 TOO! And I'm 19 :p

YAY I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! :D I think it was because I grew up on the original Toy Story, plus I related to the whole going-to-college-soon thing. It just really got to me. haha. I've gotten teary-eyed at movies but never actually shed tears like that; I was almost sobbing by the end! Amazing movie though. :)

YukonMike

Look! That's my book!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fwfr.com
Just saw The Expendables.

I didn't really like 1980s action films like Cobra and Red Scorpion, but I was sucked in by the Expendables' star power.

Expendables was really bad -- the dialogue was boring and lame (not that anyone goes for the dialogue) and the action was pretty boring too. Just the typical car crashes and fights scenes that I've seen hundreds of times before in every other action movie.

Let's just say if you like Cobra or Transporter 3, you'll like The Expendables.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
And the four words for it are...?

:D Actually, I'm disappointed to hear that. I was hoping it'd be mindless, fun, humorous popcorn. With explosions. And Statham's pecs. And Jet Li's... anything.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Scott Pilgrim. I thought the climatic fight went on a bit long, but other than that this is a terrific movie. It's too bad they didn't release this a week or two later--going up against Expendables was not a good idea.

Centurion. Decent enough but didn't really make me feel anything. Michael Fassbender and Olga Kurylenko are both great though.

Varthikes

Dragon Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Draconia, Orion's Arm, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way G

I'm a guy who's 24, and I also shed more than a few tears during Toy Story 3. Especially at the end.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
And the four words for it are...?

:D Actually, I'm disappointed to hear that. I was hoping it'd be mindless, fun, humorous popcorn. With explosions. And Statham's pecs. And Jet Li's... anything.

Well, I just saw The Expendables this weekend as well and I have to say that I disagree with Yukon Mike (sorry Mike :)) I thought it was a great action film. Was the dialogue great? No. Was the acting Oscar worthy? Umm...No (I was especially disapointed with Rourke's performance and Roberts was pretty lame too imo) But if you are looking for kick-ass fights and big time explosions, I don't think you can get more from any film than this one. The one thing I was very impressed with were the fighting scenes. The choreography was, IMO, outstanding. I found it to be an entertaining film that delivered exactly what I expected. A great action cast, with some time-to-time funny lines, great fights, lots (and I mean LOTS) of explosions and a semi-descent story line.

Mel

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw The Expendables.

I didn't really like 1980s action films like Cobra and Red Scorpion, but I was sucked in by the Expendables' star power.

Expendables was really bad -- the dialogue was boring and lame (not that anyone goes for the dialogue) and the action was pretty boring too. Just the typical car crashes and fights scenes that I've seen hundreds of times before in every other action movie.

Let's just say if you like Cobra or Transporter 3, you'll like The Expendables.
I saw the trailer and my first thought was, "So much bad plastic surgery..."

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Milyang. Outstanding portrayal of a mother dealing with the loss of her husband and the murder of her child.

Sheila Muirenn

Rebuilding My Brain
Registered
Reaction score
Today I watched Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp and Helena Bohmen Carter.

Loved it. Well, loved the soundtrack. Downloaded it from Amazon:)

But then I'm a fan of movie soundtracks.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
The Invention of Lying.

The film was a bit all over the map, but I still liked it a lot. Some very funny and clever bits.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cut Sleeve Boys, about two British-Chinese men living in London and the standard "our best friend just died so we need to learn how to live again" for-shit storyline. Nobody...I mean NOBODY could act their way across the room without a map and detailed instructions. Lots of pursed lips and arched eyebrows that said "girlfriend, puh-LEEZ" and hot party boys doing E and transvestites with extra fluttery eyelids and incredibly hot guys who are just too rich and bored with themselves. And crappy acting. Lots and lots of crappy acting. The toy cat put in the best performance. I wound up turning it off early.

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
The Invention of Lying.

The film was a bit all over the map, but I still liked it a lot. Some very funny and clever bits.
I thought this movie was cute. But then again, I really like Ricky Gervais. Especially his laugh.

I watched Whip It last night. It was a really, really fun movie. The music was great, the skating was great. I laughed my ass off. Likeable characters all around. I highly recommend it.