Last Movie You Watched...

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2... great fun! Up there with the best Marvel movies, though need to watch it a few more times to see if I really like it more than the first

CreativeHeart75

Registered
Reaction score
Criminal. It was interesting to see Kevin Costner in the main role and equally as interesting to see Tommy Lee Jones play the good guy here. KC did well but throughout the movie I was thinking there must have been someone who would have played the role better. TLJ was, I thought, lovable almost. Over all it was good though and I would probably watch it again.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Accountant: despite a few issues that might raise objections re autism and the cavalier attitude toward shooting people dead, I really liked this movie. :Thumbs: :Thumbs:

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
Netflix dvd: The Point of No Return. love that movie. Bridget Fonda is the perfect bad (shut your mouth)...LOL

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Moonlight Mile. Susan Sarandon is as good as there is. GREAT here.

DrewSpence

Writer/Artist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Passengers

2017-01-13_58795ac9957d2_Passengersenglisch.jpg

Jennifer Lawrence...Lawrence Fishburne...Pratt

Passengers on a colonization trip wake up years too early and have to eek out an existence and face perils.
Liked it because it took almost no left turns.
Nothing happened. No aliens, crazy ship computer...mutating hidden passenger....etc...

Plain sci-fi. A few physics gags, but overall some good sci-fi..

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
Evolution (2015)....
a french film/subbed in english. it was too confusing to me as to what the deal was with the characters in that town. near the end was a complete wtf moment, but then it felt like it was dropped with no explanation. however, the setting was quite beautiful....when they were outside...LOL

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wyatt Earp the one with Kurt Russel...."l'll be your huckle-berry" :)

KennySkylin

Registered
Reaction score
Wyatt Earp the one with Kurt Russel...."l'll be your huckle-berry" :)

You mean Tombstone? That's a classic. There is also another movie called Wyatt Earp with Kevin Costner which I would not call a classic or even good.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
You mean Tombstone? That's a classic. There is also another movie called Wyatt Earp with Kevin Costner which I would not call a classic or even good.

lol funny....but the SyFy channel has a series called Wynonna Earp.

Will Collins

Will Collins
Registered
Reaction score
The Last Action Hero with Schwarzenegger. Watched it a few times as a kid and was surprised that it was still pretty good now.

iszevthere

Registered
Reaction score
"Men in Black." It was the first time I'd watched it since it came out in theatres. As a kid, I thought, I am going to be Will Smith's character when I grow up. As an adult, I think this is one of the most underappreciated movies of all time. What a brilliant social commentary! I wish I could someday write something this well-cast, tight, well-plotted and use casting and characters that way.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Finally managed to watch Rogue One on DVD. (I have a Lucas canon die-hard sibling; it's very difficult to even mention Disney era stuff in her presence...) It's less derivative than The Force Awakens, opening up the universe beyond the Skywalker clan (which, really, is one of the Force's great galactic mistakes, all things considered), though it took a bit for me to get into the story; heavy accents didn't help. The FX were very impressive, and the sets had more of a Star Wars feel than some of FA did (though, once again, it was missing the Lucas-era critters in the corners to make the alien worlds really seem alive.) The ending, while it added weight to A New Hope's victory, was rather a gut-slug/downer; I'm not sure how people subjected themselves to that multiple times in theaters, TBH... On the down side, I found some of the tie-ins and callbacks to the original movie a little heavy-handed... and, especially after seeing The Expanse, much of the cast outside the main crew looked awfully white and male. I'm also not sure how well it would stand up on its own - if nothing else, it'd be rather bleak if one didn't know where things went from here. (On the plus side, we're guaranteed this one won't be a trilogy...)

I'd call it good-to-very-good, though for some reason I'd been expecting very-good-to-great.

Might have a different opinion on rewatch. The Lucas-loving relative got wind that I'd rented it, and has decided she might want to see it... will probably get to that Monday or Tuesday. Eh, well - it's a cheap per-night rate...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I watched The Comedian. They might have been going for tragic, there is that element to the story, and to be fair, the De Niro character was not supposed to be the funniest man on the planet, since his fame came by way of a sitcom he starred in, but when the MC was on stage, or when he was just quipping in his personal life, to me, it just wasn't funny. Harvey Keitel was good, so were Edie Falco and Danny Devito, but the standout was Leslie Mann, whom I've never seen bad in anything.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Swiss Army Man. One of the oddest flicks I've ever seen. I got the premise, not bad, well acted, but overall, just...odd.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Of Unknown Origin. (1983) Peter Weller (so young!) fights a giant rat in his NYC apartment.

Alas, either he couldn't carry the movie or the script was dull (it was), because we FF'd through at least half. Disappointing. PLUS the rat slaughters a pet cat. Avoid this one.

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
The Hurt Locker (FINALLY)

It was all right, although maybe its a cultural thing but I didn't get all the hullabaloo about it. I don't see how it won an Oscar (then again, I don't remember what movies it went against other than Avatar but that didn't deserve the Best Picture Oscar either) considering the pace is all over the place and eventually it becomes very formulaic and predictable.

I wasn't bored by it, by any means. But its... rather forgettable, I guess. Still, I don't regret watching it.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Independence Day 2.

It was okay, but not how I would have written it. Felt the scale was too big to relate, not helped by nonsensical physics. Not sure it earned a second viewing.