Last Movie You Watched...

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
IT.

Incredible film. Not sure how terrifying it is, but it's a fantastic movie. Cast were excellent.

i saw it on Tuesday. lol....at one part in the movie, i was specificly thinking "they should have done this in 3d" LOL

Punk28

Registered
Reaction score
The Egyptian

I'm one for movies on Egypt and this one sure caught the cinematography well! It's just beautiful, though it does get some parts wrong (the biggie being Akhenaten dying and it's not Tut who becomes pharaoh but Horemheb).

Last edited:

Articulate Lady

Seductive Artist of Words and Ideas
Registered
Reaction score
I recently saw "Hidden Figures" and WOW!

An amazing movie about the three brilliant African American female mathematicians that changed the Space Race as we know it. Their contributions led to many space missions and their groundbreaking work paved the way for women everywhere, in every race.

Truly inspiring. A must watch!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
2 movies based on Bram Stoker's Jewel of the Seven Stars.

First, The Awakening (1980, Charlton Heston). Turned it off after an hour. Sloooow and artsy, plus way too much of Heston's sweaty bare chest. Ugh.

Second, Blood from the Mummy's Tomb (1970, Hammer Studios). Now THAT was a fun movie.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
People Like Us. I really liked it. Just a family story really, but with a twist. Chris Pine, Elizabeth Banks, and Michelle Pfeiffer. I'd only seen Chris Pine in one or two other things, but I was really impressed with his acting.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Hide and Seek (Netflix). Extremely creepy Asian horror. Bit too much child in jeopardy for me (I hit fast-forward a few times), but I totally fell for the red herring. Win. The only issue I had was in the last 15 minutes one of the characters began making decisions dumb enough to be in the Geico Halloween commercial. Overall, highly recommended.

Vicent

Registered
Reaction score
Been doing a marathon of the Horror Movies with a friend. Those films are actually rather comedic once you foresee the key moments and riff them.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cowboys and Aliens.

Found it by accident. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Good performances from Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford. I see it got mixed crits when it came out in 2011 but I liked it. Great entertainment.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
Cowboys and Aliens.

Found it by accident. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Good performances from Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford. I see it got mixed crits when it came out in 2011 but I liked it. Great entertainment.

Noah Ringer (airbender) was in that movie. would have like to have seen him do more movies... would have even like to see a reboot/remake of Airbender.

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
Coherence.

A passing comet sends a house full of people into a type of Schrodinger's box (the one that held the cat).

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind -- this month's installment in Fathom's Ghibli Fest. Gorgeous & full of feels. Not enough Patrick Stewart!

audibob1

Registered
Reaction score
Hugo. It came out in 2012 I believe, and won several Oscars. One of my all-time favorites--it's one of those movies that I can return to time and time again and still get moved by the plot.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
Hugo. It came out in 2012 I believe, and won several Oscars. One of my all-time favorites--it's one of those movies that I can return to time and time again and still get moved by the plot.

THIS movie and the Matrix (only the first one) are the only two movies that i can distinctly remember watching and then sitting up and literally going...WOAH!

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
No Pay, Nudity, Gabriel Byrne, New York actor, ex Soap star, struggling to get some traction in the final act of his life. Nathan Lane narrates, is a supporting cast member, and is brilliant, as always.