I'm legal!!

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com
Kate started to follow. Something in the back of her mind was telling her this wasn't right, that she needed to resist. That it was familiar.

A cool breeze swept in and Kate stopped walking. A dark-haired, deathly pale man had his hand on her shoulder, breaking her highness's pull on Kate. He smiled, flashing fangs at the indignant woman.

"Nice to see you again, Magesty," Damien said.

Kate started. "Damien! What are you...?"

He held up a hand to interrupt. "Leave this one alone. You would draw too much attention to yourself trying to take her. She's... unique."

The woman's foot stomped the floor. "But that is precisely why I want her!"

"No, Magesty." He shook his head. "I don't want to incur your wrath, but I will defy you in this. She's not yours to take."

The Spartan stood and put a hand to the hilt of his sword. "Peace. This is C.E.'s cottage, not your palace. This is neutral ground. If you want to continue this outside you can, but nothing can happen inside these walls. Got it?"

Damien nodded, keeping his eye on the royal figure. She looked indescribably mad for a moment, but her expression melted into a tense smile.

"Fine, I will leave her alone for now. There is always later." She looked around the room and glared at everyone else. "What are you looking at? Go back to your wine!"

Kate picked up the broken pieces of her cell phone and picked a seat on the far side of the Spartan. What a bitch, she thought. Maybe she should avoid these sorts of parties from now on. After all, it's what got her into this wolf mess to begin with. She smiled nervously at the Spartan. "So, um, what's your name?"

Damien sat in a nearby love seat, his silvery eyes keeping watch over everyone in the establishment.

Last edited:

Bo Sullivan

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
After thanking the man for the drink, Carolyn's smile turned wry. "Religion?" she repeated. "Whatever one I need to be. I'm... easy."

Somehow, those who overheard the question and the answer wouldn't agree. Carolyn looked anything but 'easy'. Or cheap.

"Just as I thought, Carolyn," said Henry Harrison, "By the look you gave me I could discern that you were of no firm religeon. But no more talk of that. Let me ask you where you are from, as I notice you are dressed in a similar matter to myself. I am from London, England."

Mistress Vanwicke moved closer, and stood conveniently behind them so that she could hear every word being spoken, but she said nothing, for the moment. Although she wanted to scream at Henry for talking to Carolyn. She eyed Carolyn's hair and wondered if she should pull at it. That would cause a fight of course, but she did not care what happened to her if she could not be with Henry.

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
Bangkok, the Underground and the Holy ground.
Her Magisty sat next to the Duchess in a huff. Her eyes burned and her checks were flushed slightly red. For a moment her regal splendor was gone and she was very much the young woman she seemed upon first glance.

The Duchess sipped at her wine and thought for a moment. "I am going to put this little temper tantrum down to your new bodies fight to keep its previous owner. You should quit as it is unbecoming," she said in a low voice.

Her Magistry eyes cooled and the blush faded from her checks. "You are right my old friend. I don't know what came over me. Damien, always a pleasure. Prehaps you will visit me in my own lands, when things have. . . settled."

Damien smiled and bowed slightly, "It would be a pleasure to be your guest at anytime my lady."

SHe flashed impossibly white fangs at him in a smile and then settled back on the couch. "Too bad our hostess has gone, I could use some refreshments."

"I do not believe they have what you dine on behind the bar," Damien said.

"They seem a resourceful sort. I'm sure someone can come up with something," she said her eyes passing over the crowd. "Prehaps just a taste of your young friend?" It has been so long since I've had her kind.

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
C.E. returned from work a few hours later, relieved to see her cottage still standing in one piece. Werewolves and daemons and vampires and whatever the hell Carolyn was apparently could all behave themselves when they wished to. Still, she hesitated as she grasped the door knob. Perhaps she was being foolish returning to this gathering full of immortals when her own genre (and that of Andreas) was historical fiction, placing herself and her Spartan warrior at a grave disadvantage if things got rough.

The door opened to her touch and Andreas was immediately by her side, his shield and his firm nod reassuring her as she reentered the cottage. C.E. took a deep breath and set her chin. She started this whole thing - the least she could do was finish it.

A quick glance around the room told her that her fears had not been unfounded. Kate was off in a corner trying to piece fragments of her cell phone together while Her Magisty conversed with a new guest - a dark-haired man - all the while shooting lustful glances at Kate.

"Hmmm. Most likely a vampire," C.E. whispered to Andreas as she took in the pale skin of the black haired man.

"A what?" The Spartan cocked a brow.

"Never mind." C.E. tossed Kate her own cell phone then continued to take in her surroundings. Mistress Vanwicke had walked up quietly behind Carolyn and was reaching out for her hair. Strange. C.E. decided to stay out of that one since Carolyn scared her. Mr. Harrison was still seated next to Carolyn, though now he had C.E.'s best bottle of Scotch and drank from it freely, not even bothering to use a glass.

Morghan and Luke had moved outside to the balcony overlooking the surf. Morghan's hand lay on Luke's chest. Was she pushing him away? As C.E. watched, Luke wrapped his arm around the small of Morghan's back and pulled her towards him. C.E. continued to stare in fascination until Andreas jerked her arm.

"Your guests are getting hungry."

C.E. noted the empty appetizer platters. "Oh dear, I've been a terrible hostess! I'll serve up dinner right away." She called to the guests, "Yoo hoo, everyone. I'm back! Dinner is about to be served. I thought we'd eat outside. The sky is clear and there is going to be the most spectacular full moon." She turned to the kitchen but then whipped back around, holding up a styrofoam cooler. "Oh, I almost forgot. I stopped by the blood bank on the way home." She pulled out several clear plastic bags filled with crimson. "They had an overstock of AB positive. Anyone thirsty?"

Thanks for playing, everyone! I had a blast reading these posts from this afternoon! Your characters are all so intriguing! Of course you're welcome to stay longer. (It may even get more interesting when darkness falls, and I'd love to see what Carolyn would do if Mistress Vanwicke actually did pull her hair.) But I also know you're all busy with your own WIPs, so either way, I'm happy! I hope you had fun too. Good luck with your stories!

c.e.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
"Just as I thought, Carolyn," said Henry Harrison, "By the look you gave me I could discern that you were of no firm religeon. But no more talk of that. Let me ask you where you are from, as I notice you are dressed in a similar matter to myself. I am from London, England."

Mistress Vanwicke moved closer, and stood conveniently behind them so that she could hear every word being spoken, but she said nothing, for the moment. Although she wanted to scream at Henry for talking to Carolyn. She eyed Carolyn's hair and wondered if she should pull at it. That would cause a fight of course, but she did not care what happened to her if she could not be with Henry.

To Henry, the lady answered, "As I have no religion, I have no home," them she took a sip of her wine, and contemplated her glass. "You only think you don't care what happens to you if you can't have Mr. Harrison. I can prove you wrong."

Mistress Vanwicke heard her quite clearly though no one else did.

Bo Sullivan

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
To Henry, the lady answered, "As I have no religion, I have no home," them she took a sip of her wine, and contemplated her glass. "You only think you don't care what happens to you if you can't have Mr. Harrison. I can prove you wrong."

Mistress Vanwicke heard her quite clearly though no one else did.

Mistress Vanwicke leaned over and whispered in Carolyn's ear, without Henry Harrison hearing her, "Tell me what you mean? I am ready to listen to you."

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
Author(s) intrusion: -ahem- Is anyone still interested besides me and Duped? :D

I'll totally still play! I'm having trouble figuring out how to get things going plot-wise, though. You and duped seem to be on a little roll here. Perhaps my Spartan and I can play off your next move. When I do these parties on my LJ, I usually set up a more complicated situation with some conflict already built in, depending on who is playing. But then I know my LJ friends and their 'guests' (usually a favorite well-known fictional character and not their own). But if you're in, I'm in!

c.e.

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
<author intrusion>

I'm up for it, but I wanted more peeps to post first, since I tend to get carried away if it's just me posting :) lol...

</author intrusion>

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
<author intrusion>

A prison, eh? Kinky. What sorts of evilness lurks behind bars that might need the attention of two royal b*itches, a Spartan, a wolf girl, a demon chick (is she a demon chick?), Mr. Harrison, and... who else was in here again? lol

I pity the inmates.

</author intrusion>