• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Page 1 Solutions

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
Can I ask why this is a red flag?

It's the rough equivalent of someone emphasizing that they've never been arrested, as in just stating it out of the blue for no reason at all. Or someone starting a conversation by insisting that what they are about to describe to you is not a pyramid scheme. It simply makes one wonder why there should be such insistence on legitimacy if nothing is wrong. Real publishers don't bother to establish their legitimacy, it is so air-tight that it's a useless exercise. Shady or questionable establishments are the ones that expend effort to appear credible.

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
They aren't a publisher. I used to see BBB stickers in storefronts all the time as a kid. Don't see the problem with having one on a marketing website.

moonslice

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chocmoon.wordpress.com
I think the BBB symbol on this particular site is to make the doctors feel better. They are selling websites to doctors and dentists. Maybe I should have clarified that. It's not an artistic publishing house appealing to writers.

Web content can be boring to write, but it's good for cash when you need it. And I have experience in it.