The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Page 1 Solutions

practical experience, FTW

Page 1 Solutions

Have any of you heard of or worked for this company:
    http://www.page1solutions.com/

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    The "BBB Online Reliability Program" graphic on their front page is a red flag, but other than that ... why? Are they offering writing jobs?

yes, they are looking for content developers.

Quote Originally Posted by James D. Macdonald View Post
    The "BBB Online Reliability Program" graphic on their front page is a red flag, but other than that ... why? Are they offering writing jobs?
    Can I ask why this is a red flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
    Can I ask why this is a red flag?
    It's the rough equivalent of someone emphasizing that they've never been arrested, as in just stating it out of the blue for no reason at all. Or someone starting a conversation by insisting that what they are about to describe to you is not a pyramid scheme. It simply makes one wonder why there should be such insistence on legitimacy if nothing is wrong. Real publishers don't bother to establish their legitimacy, it is so air-tight that it's a useless exercise. Shady or questionable establishments are the ones that expend effort to appear credible.

They aren't a publisher. I used to see BBB stickers in storefronts all the time as a kid. Don't see the problem with having one on a marketing website.

I think the BBB symbol on this particular site is to make the doctors feel better. They are selling websites to doctors and dentists. Maybe I should have clarified that. It's not an artistic publishing house appealing to writers.

Web content can be boring to write, but it's good for cash when you need it. And I have experience in it.

As long as it pays good, yeah.