Status
Not open for further replies.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Okay--everyone knows I hate the promo side of things. In my erotica pseudonym it's a lot easier (chat groups, contests, etc) than it is proving for my mainstream fantasy release. So I've written a press release, have a press kit almost put together (including a picture-blech!) and now I'm trying to figure out what else I can do. Book is being e-pubbed first and goes to print late this year or early next, so setting up book signings (for all one person who would show up -- yes I'm pessimistic) is a job for the future. What am I missing?

Any ideas?

Any vodka?

Mania

Registered
Reaction score
When I was looking at self-publishing, I got advised to see if local radio stations or newspapers would promote the book for me by reviewing it.

As for the vodka, lol, I've only got absinthe, I'm afraid.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
oooooooooooooh...........absinthe. The stuff is NASTY but oh my! The colors...

yes, I have a press kit that is going to the newspapers across Ohio (darn, all those cds are expensive) and a few radio stations (although around here they only discuss Ohio State football). I wonder if there's something online that I'm missing.

Mania

Registered
Reaction score
Well, actually you probably could, but I don't think people would like it too much.

Good luck with the promotion!

David I

Registered
Reaction score
Any controversy you can whip up would probably help. If the book itself isn't controversial, consider getting arrested for something either noble or appalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.