• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

FinancialMatcher.com

Scribette

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! Hope that this place is the right place to post the note. Just warning people not to work with FinancialMatcher.com - they have sketchy business practices - luckily, I am just out an hour of work, but I do not want anyone else to lose money by working with them. At present, it operates under the names John Velencia and Ahmad Rahim.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Greenapple, could you please provide more detail? "Sketchy business practices" is very vague. In order for a "bewares" post to have weight, there needs to be specific information.

- Victoria

Scribette

Registered
Reaction score
Ok FinancialMatcher.com and a John Velencia wanted a summary written on his company. We agreed for me to complete this job for $50. I completed the assignment and he stated that he wanted more info in the summary.

I then asked him a few questions via email, but I never heard back from him.

Consequently, I sent him a Paypal invoice for $25 - which I thought was a fair sum for him.

He then said that he would pay me $25 only if I added the extra info (we already agreed on $50).

I also received an email from an Ahmad Rahim that said:

"Like I said I will pay you $25 if you can complete our executive summary."

I told him that I would add the info for the agreed upon $50, but that I would like us to sign a contract.

I never heard back from him. Thus, I sent a Paypal invoice reminder to him.

Then I received an email from John Velencia saying:

"Look I already told you to finish my executive summary and you have not complied with us. I am not obligated to pay you because you have held us up and did not finish our work."

It really does not look like he/they intends to pay writers.

Scribette

Registered
Reaction score
Hi ... the website is in a 'start up' phase - he wanted the summary to give to potential investors apparently.