The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Paper House Publishing

Rose the Short

Paper House Publishing

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for information on Paperhouse Publishing, or Paper House Publishing. The original poster on the thread where the publisher is mentioned (on a different site) has called it both at different times. He says they're out of San Diego. I did a search here and got nothing back. I Googled them, and again same thing. I suspect it's a POD or maybe a vanity publisher, especially since he tells me they've published one book of his, and it's doesn't appear to have an ISBN number. Can anyone tell me anything about them please?

Thanks a lot.

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose the Short View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I'm looking for information on Paperhouse Publishing, or Paper House Publishing. The original poster on the thread where the publisher is mentioned (on a different site) has called it both at different times. He says they're out of San Diego. I did a search here and got nothing back. I Googled them, and again same thing. I suspect it's a POD or maybe a vanity publisher, especially since he tells me they've published one book of his, and it's doesn't appear to have an ISBN number. Can anyone tell me anything about them please?
    Rose,

So far, the only thing that comes close is Chicago Paperback House. It seems that all the places I've seen that particular name, it's for books from the early 1960s (mostly, 1961 and 1962).

I did a check of the San Diego yellow pages, and it didn't come up with any Paper House Publishing.

Does your friend have the url available?

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

This is the closest I've found, but not in San Diego.
    "Paper House Productions, a leading designer and publisher of quality stationery items and gift products that it sells to upscale, sophisticated customers, has been purchased by a new company established for such by Madison Investment Partners, Inc. and Hoffman & Company, both of New York City."

-Barbara
    will crit for rep points
    "Your commas are pretty good." TNH
    okay, I have a blog

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Batgirl,

Found that, too.

Hopefully, Rose will come back with either a url or a street address of some sort.

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Still no sign of either PaperHouse or Paper House Publishing of San Diego.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: