The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Power Publishing Inc.

J-Mo

Power Publishing Inc.

An opportunity for my fellow writers:

Power Publishing is a Midwest publisher of books that make a positive difference in the lives of our readers. We are CURRENTLY SOLICITING MANUSCRIPTS. We seek inspiring/motivating and/or instructional/reference manuscripts across a variety of genres including nonfiction, fiction, children’s books, and textbooks. If you have a manuscript you would like to submit, please visit us at www.powerpublishinginc.com and check out our easy submission guidelines and find more information about us.

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks.

Janet Schwind
    janet@powerpublishinginc.com
    www.powerpublishinginc.com
    www.myspace.com/webbedtoes

practical experience, FTW Tilly's Avatar
    Wow.

A vanity press posting itself in the bewares part of the forum.

http://www.powerpublishinginc.com/in...s.breakthrough
    Breakthrough
    The Breakthrough Program is designed for first-time authors with an unpredictable market or previously published authors who expect a limited initial demand for their title. The author generally pays for all production costs of the project in exchange for receiving the highest royalty percentage of all programs offered. The author may additionally request a marketing plan be developed for the work.
    Partnership
    How much are you willing to invest in your project to see higher royalties? The Partnership Program is our flexible publishing option designed for authors who want to participate in the marketing of their title in exchange for a higher royalty percentage than with the Premier Program. With the Partnership Program, Power Publishing and the author share the costs of publication and marketing. In exchange for the author's financial risk, a higher royalty percentage will be paid.
    http://www.powerpublishinginc.com/in...rs.partnership

Premier
    Our Premier Program is designed for established professionals or previously published authors, and follows the method of traditional publishing. In exchange for the well-defined market the author already commands, Power Publishing assumes all publishing and marketing costs for the project. The author receives a royalty percentage and potential royalty advance determined on a per-project basis. We also welcome the opportunity to review recommendations from literary agents.
    http://www.powerpublishinginc.com/in...uthors.premier
    Last edited by Tilly; 07-13-2007 at 12:56 AM.

I write novels
    Saves time, certainly.

It's really very funny.

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go Gravity's Avatar
    Once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.
    Now that takes ballz...
    Cameron Bane

PITFALL now out through WildBlue Press, August 2015

www.cameronbanebooks.com

Bless their little cotton socks.

Ballz or epic stupidity.

It's another one set up by authors:

As authors ourselves, we understand the blood, sweat and tears that go into creating your manuscript, the inner strength it takes to read a critique, the agony of receiving a rejection letter, and the frustration when, after all is said and published, the royalty you are paid seems unjust.
    ::heartfelt sigh::

It all started with a little boo... wyntermoon's Avatar
    They really ARE looking out for us!

Where do I sign up?
    Stacey Graham
    Associate agent | Red Sofa Literary
    agentstaceygraham.com | @staceyigraham

Tired and Disillusioned Momento Mori's Avatar
    Wow. They offer 4 packages, but my favourite is the Legacy Package:

Author assumes all costs for the project on a per-item quoted basis. Author retains all rights to the title and royalties are not applicable.

There is no contractual agreement with this type of publication.
    Sheesh.

It all started with a little boo... wyntermoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Momento Mori View Post
    Wow. They offer 4 packages, but my favourite is the Legacy Package:
    So why not head to Kinkos and save yourself the postage?

I still like'm.
    Stacey Graham
    Associate agent | Red Sofa Literary
    agentstaceygraham.com | @staceyigraham

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    J-Mo,

Welcome to AW.

Could you tell us a little more about Power Publishing. Your background in publishing, your staff, distributor, etc.

Thank you.

brianm
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

practical experience, FTW BarbJ's Avatar
    Now I understand why you wear the mask, Brian - so you can keep a straight face.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    They dropped the "Legacy" option at some point: http://www.powerpublishinginc.com/in...ors.puboptions

In fact, the Options page is no longer accessible from the main page. The "For Authors" page is now the spiel for their AuthorFirstTM program.

Some key features of the AuthorFirst™ program include:

* Low print copy prices - You typically pay only about 30% of your book's retail price, letting you profit up to 70% on each copy you sell!
    * Innovative alternative book formats - Large print, eBook, and Amazon Kindle format options maximize the opportunity for sales of your book.
    * High-quality book production - Using respected publishing professionals in areas of graphic design, editing and interior formatting.
    * Flexibility - Our program is designed to let you customize your budget and services to fit the unique needs of your project.
    * Fast turnaround - You can see your book in print within 60 days or less.*

You also get the benefit of earning royalties on books we sell for you through the publishing trade:

* Trade support - Full access to and support from our established trade distribution channels as with any traditional publishing program - including Ingram, Baker & Taylor and Bowker Books in Print.
    * Retail support - Through online partners including Amazon, Borders and Barnes & Noble.
    Which leads me to suspect they no longer offer non-pay contracts.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

http://www.powerpublishinginc.com/in...p?fa=c.authors

I just spoke with one of their authors. For the record, guys, is this a publishing credit?

ETA: OOPS! Wrong "power publishing." Will start new thread.
    Last edited by Monkey; 05-20-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Looks like it's the same one, actually.

I've never heard of vanity publishing ever counting as a publishing credit.
    Why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? He already killed off all 140 characters.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Site's gone; looks like last books published in '10.

(Not to be confused with Power Publishing Corp./Inc. at http://powerpublishing.org/home.php)
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: