What's the worst pain?

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Worst pain?? I don't know, I have a seriously bad memory that protects me from remembering what the pain felt like, so yeah.

The scariest was when I was at the pool with my friends and was laughing when someone pulled my leg and I swallowed insane amounts of water that went straight to my lungs. That was pretty painful, and after half a minute of not being able to breathe I started choking and convulsing, and the convulsions were pretty painful, but nothing compared to the sensation that my lungs were about to tear my chest open alien-style and run away.

That was very recent, about a month ago, so I still remember it. Maybe not really painful but definitely scary. Or at least now, all I could think back then was that the water in my lungs didn't let me laugh.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
coming down into los angeleeez

no, wait--dallas fort worth, with an ear ache. -i did this wed. night. with only one puny earache. my seatmate is probably still talking about my coyote whimpering! thinker had a double ear infection. let me testify, thinker was not whining. he suffered! s6

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
no, wait--dallas fort worth, with an ear ache. -i did this wed. night. with only one puny earache. my seatmate is probably still talking about my coyote whimpering! thinker had a double ear infection. let me testify, thinker was not whining. he suffered! s6

Just to clarify...*she* suffered. ;) I don't think a man would have survived that kind of pain...hehehehe...

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
I forgot about the allergic reaction to Demerol. I had surgery on my feet, then went home with the Demerol. I kept waking up just enough to take the pain medication. I woke up completely 4 days later with a full blown migraine headache, nausea, light sensitivity, etc. Fortunately, the doctor was in and took me off the Demerol and gave me an injection of Benadryl. I still had the migraine, etc. but at least I didn't go into full blown anaphylactic shock. I felt so bad for the next 3 days, while the drugs were going out of my system, that even my hair hurt.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
What's the worst pain?

Loss. Knowing that the person you loved most dearly is gone, into a great and vast unknown. Knowing that what you wanted to say--what you needed to say must die in your mouth unspoken. Knowing that you can drop to your knees and put yourself before God and Mysteries and shriek every curse in your soul out-loud, until your lungs and the heavens themselves rattle from the fury of it, but that it is for naught. That when your fury is expended, you have changed nothing. That when your sorrow finally dries, the jagged scar left behind from those unspoken words is still there, festering. That the person you loved is gone, now and forever, and that you are truely alone.

Last edited:

JoniBGoode

Registered
Reaction score
From worst to... not-so-worst:

Having a sadistic dentist drill into a nerve with NO NOVACAIN when I was seven years old. (My mom asked why I was screaming. She could hear me from the waiting room. The dentist told her I was "being silly." She didn't learn until he had done this on 6 different visits that I wasn't being given novacain. He was about 70 and claimed that "children don't feel pain like adults do, so there is no need for novacain.")

Breaking my right wrist while at a skating rink with the kids. Actually, that wasn't the problem. Driving a Volkswagon with a stick shift home with a broken wrist, that hurt.

Getting 2nd degree burns from having a pot of boiling water spilt on you.

All of the above were worse than unmedicated childbirth, which is my personal measurement of pain.