• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Totally Entwined Group / Totally Bound (formerly Total-e-bound)

acelticdream

Just me ... dreaming and writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I have kind of an "opposite" question ...

Since they are a UK publisher, do they have a problem taking on works that is written in American English, or would I have to "convert" to British English?

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
I have kind of an "opposite" question ...

Since they are a UK publisher, do they have a problem taking on works that is written in American English, or would I have to "convert" to British English?

I wouldn't think they'd do that. However, I was wondering about the language differences myself, as far publishing and stuff anyway.

michael_b

So many ideas, never enough time.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
I suspect there isn't a problem vis-a-vis American vs British English. If they want something done in 'the Queen's English' I'm sure they convert it themselves. Most publishers correct things like that as part of the edit, usually with a notation on their preferred house style.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, they'll switch it for you.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
What Adam said.

The editors will change to UK spelling and point it out in 'track changes'.

TEB has a lot of authors from the US so it's second nature for the editors to do the changes.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to chime in by saying that my experiences with TEB have been good all around.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
As far as complaints go, I heard her say once that TEB have a rule that, for the first three months, you can only sell your books via the site and sales over there are kind of slow? After three months, they'll start selling your book on Amazon and other stores.

This is true, but my onsite sales have been good. I guess it depends on the book/author.

TEBeditor

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just to clarify the post above, I'm the friend Pinguicha posted about (I'm a TEB author and also an editor for them). Sales info at TEB is actually confidential between the CEO of the company, the publisher and the author, so I don't know how any of our other authors sell. I'm just going from my own experience - I tend to sell better on distributor sites (Fictionwise in particular) than I do on the TEB site, but I think it varies from genre to genre and author to author.

In my editor role, I haven't heard any complaints about initial royalties from any of the authors I manage, so I'm pretty sure it's just me. :) I'd come clean about my author pseudonym, but for confidentiality reasons I have to keep my editor and author roles separate.

Hope that makes sense! I'd hate to think anyone was put off submitting to the publisher I love so much that I applied to work for them, just because of my own slow start with sales. I've published with other places as well, but with TEB I just seemed to click.

Plus, if there's a better small press cover artist out there than TEB's Posh Gosh, I haven't found one yet. ;)

firedrake

Registered
Reaction score
I'm another one whose on-site sales have been good.

I'm with TEB for the long haul. Where else would I get such brilliant covers?

*pets Endersley cover*

greeneyes

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so happy I can finally share the news! My story has been accepted by Total-E-Bound for its Emergency Servicing-Medical Anthology. I received the news a couple of weeks back but didn't want to announce anything until I signed the contracts, which I did today! :D

I'm really excited and looking forward to working with this publisher. I owe this board and this thread a debt of thanks for the information and insight shared.

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi. This might not be the best place for this, very sorry if it isn't, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether Total E Bound accepts femdomme works? I looked through most of their BDSM section (admittedly not all of them) and all of the works I could see seemed to be either M/M or male dome/female sub(s) but I couldn't see anything expressly forbidding works that didn't fit that format either. Could anyone clarify for me please?

firedrake

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. This might not be the best place for this, very sorry if it isn't, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether Total E Bound accepts femdomme works? I looked through most of their BDSM section (admittedly not all of them) and all of the works I could see seemed to be either M/M or male dome/female sub(s) but I couldn't see anything expressly forbidding works that didn't fit that format either. Could anyone clarify for me please?

Yes they do. I've certainly read a book they published, 'Shadow and Darkness' by Natalie Dae. Both of the MCs are dommes working in a 'private establishment'.

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
Yes they do. I've certainly read a book they published, 'Shadow and Darkness' by Natalie Dae. Both of the MCs are dommes working in a 'private establishment'.

Excellent. Thank you very much for your help.