What is your username?

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
oh, Stew21.
I didn't know what I was in for when I joined, so in an attempt to keep myself a bit anonymous, I used my husband's nick (everyone calls him Stew) and number (21 is the number he's had in sports since he was a kid. even now as a grown up in softball he is number 21).
Turns out I get so comfy here I tell you all - oh, just call me Trish - and look, here's pictures of my family. Ooh, and we live ...
so much for being guarded and somewhat anonymous.
:)

Trish, in a hand-me-down Username

dobiwon

Planning to retire for the 5th time
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
magind7.wixsite.com
Back in the dark ages (well, 25 or so years ago), I was an adult advisor on a youth retreat. As part of an ice-breaking activity, we were supposed to rhyme our first name with something, and go by that the whole weekend. Star Wars was just out, and Obi-Wan Kenobi was a wise old man, and I was the oldest one on the retreat and I worked hard to convince everyone I was wise, and Obi-Wan rhymed with Don, so I became Don Obiwon (I guessed at the spelling-wrong!). It got shortened to dobiwon because I'm lazy.

Ab_Normal

Registered
Reaction score
My maternal grandfather had kinda-funny, kinda-cruel nicknames for all of his grandkids. Mine was "Abnormal" (and it's his fault I was named Norma in the first place. Ol' bastard. ;) ) I lived up to it by being a female gamer and coder back in the early '80's. (Okay, I'm still a female gamer and coder, but there's more of us XX chromosomes out there now. Yay!)

So when I first started doing online activities and needed to invent a handle, I already had one ready-made, courtesy of my grandpa.

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
I've used "wackamole" in most of the places I post or play games.

It came from my oldest daughter. She was about ten when I was playing a first person shooter online with her. She wanted a fun name, so....naturally the first thing that came to her mind was Chuck E Cheese. Needless to say, that was a resounding NOOO! So she settled for WackAMole because she had played the game at the Chuck E Cheese restaurant the week before. My nick was WackaMole, hers was Lil'Wackamole. We changed the spelling around because its been spelled so many different ways that we couldnt really figure out which way was "correct".

So yeah, it stuck with me!

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
This is a really cool thread! Thanks for starting it!

Toothpaste - because people often think my last name is spelled Crest.

Yes I know, all the mystery gone!

(also I'm minty fresh!)

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
:Shrug: I got nothing.

**wonders whether creative work is really my strong point**

I'm with ya, Cath.

I guess I just wasn't feeling very creative. My e-mail address was Kristie911, so I just used it as a user name.

And no, it's not 9-11 and has nothing to do with the Twin Towers attack. I'm a 911 dispatcher.

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
I was going to go with some clever double entendre....you know, such as when somebody cuts you off in traffic and you drink your coffee faster in order to hurl the empty mug, but then chuckle and nod upon reading their custom liscense plate.

But I got nothin' too, that day.

So I just went with my given name: Meerkat. Luckily there was an avatar.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Obviously I'm at my most creative at 3:15 in the afternoon. Hence

<----

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
My name is the result of how tremendously dorkish my friends and I were in our youth. Like typical grade school aged suburban Caucasians, we found the hip-hop vernacular very intriguing (see: Snoop Dog's "-izzle") and very amusing. As one may suspect, this led to us giving ourselves "Pimp names" My initials are C and B, thus, I became CBeasy, pronounced See-be-see. I must admit, it's not very deep, or intelligent for that matter, but alas, it's the truth. Still, I quite like it.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I just thought you were letting all the women know you were easy...

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
The reason why I chose my username is a secret, but it might be because my real name is Susan.:)

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I've explained this before, but, in case you missed it.

Joe, because, well, that's my first name.

270 is the compass heading for west.

Westward Joe.

I know, it's not funny. Oh, well.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
A few years ago I picked up the nickname "Jo" because someone noticed I bear a strong resemblance (personality-wise) to Jo March, from Little Women. I stole the surname Nighshade from Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes, one of my favorite books of all time.