The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Display site] Palibra

figuring it all out

[Display site] Palibra

http://www.palibra.com

It's interesting. Worth a look.

banned as an incurable tosspot
    It might be interesting, but it also freezes my browser. Don't think I'll make another attempt to get in.

practical experience, FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurb View Post
    http://www.palibra.com

It's interesting. Worth a look.

It would be helpful if you gave us some idea what this site is or why it is interesting. I don't generally click in random sites - too easy to collect unwanted spyware or similar problems.

figuring it all out
    It's a site that authors can post short stories on for download. Supposedly readers pay 99 cents to download and for each download the author gets 30 cents. They claim to be "The i-tunes for stories".

I'm pretty sure it will be a waste of every author's time and first world publishing rights to post stories their. I doubt you'd ever get enough downloads to get you more money than if you'd just sold the story, but who knows.

Know what you write...
    Based on the fact I never heard about it before, I'd say I'm fairly confident that site is not going to have enough of a reading audience to be useful.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    And you'd be right, as it's gone now.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing. The Grump's Avatar
    Thanks for reinforcing my decision not to bother with display sites. ... Now to get my own up if I can get all the pieces put together.
    My Book Blog: me muttering at Lessons from My Reading with fantasy book reviews from a writer's point of view.