Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Where can we link with AWers

Where can we link with AWers

Jim Melvin (Deathwizard) and I have books coming out. We would like to swap links with others in the same situation, or just link up with AW friends. What is the proper procedure for doing so, and where do we go to find this out? We're both kinda new to this. I run a blog, but it's on my website. Are websites permited to link too, or is this just a MySpace type of thing?

Thanks for any help.

Tri

I Haz Most Wonderful Daughter EVAR SuperModerator Dawno's Avatar
    someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
    Websites welcome! Please post your links in our Absolute Write bloggers forum and join in the discussions.

Gak! I'm special--Dawno herself invited me!

JIM, OH, JIM, GET YOUR AZZ OVER TA HERE, YOU HEAR!?

Tri

Tumhe na koci puujetha Death Wizard's Avatar
    Thanks, Dawno. Chris and I have already done that, but we're also looking for fellow writers with sites/blogs that wouldn't mind linking to ours, and vice versa. Is this the appropriate place to make such a request?

Author of The Death Wizard Chronicles, a six-book epic fantasy. Book 1 (Forged In Death) is now available for purchase on bellebooks.com, amazon.com and other venues. Also, Book 2 (Chained By Fear) is now available here, Book 3 (Shadowed by Demons) is here and Book 4 (Torn by War) is here. And a pair of DW short stories (Torg's First Death and The Black Fortress) also is available for free.

www.jim-melvin.com; www.amazon.com/author/jimmelvin; www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com; facebook

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." -- The Buddha

Yep

A word of advice - it's probably a really good idea to get involved in a select few blogs and be part of the commenting community rather than just look for people to link to your sites. While some of that may happen anyway because we AW folk like to support each other, blogging is about the community of bloggers, too.

Sounds cool. And I hear you. I regularly visit about half a dozen blogs now and frequently comment.

Author of The Death Wizard Chronicles, a six-book epic fantasy. Book 1 (Forged In Death) is now available for purchase on bellebooks.com, amazon.com and other venues. Also, Book 2 (Chained By Fear) is now available here, Book 3 (Shadowed by Demons) is here and Book 4 (Torn by War) is here. And a pair of DW short stories (Torg's First Death and The Black Fortress) also is available for free.

www.jim-melvin.com; www.amazon.com/author/jimmelvin; www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com; facebook

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." -- The Buddha

That's what I'm doing--branching out and reading the AW people. Will gladly interact and comment. I'll probably learn how to draft some interesting posts after reading the pros.

Tri

Kickin it old school, posers beware skelly's Avatar
    I'm always looking for an interview at my blog...mostly writing oriented. Links okay. Interviewing Christine Norris next Friday. Yah! PM me dw or tri, if you want to do an interview about your upcomings.
    ---Scott

This Prophet Speaks the Rhythm --- available online, free! Comments are appreciated!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by skelly View Post
    I'm always looking for an interview at my blog...mostly writing oriented. Links okay. Interviewing Christine Norris next Friday. Yah! PM me dw or tri, if you want to do an interview about your upcomings.
    Thanks!!! Will do!

And I have a small press book review blog, if you're interested and published by a small press.

Thanks, Dawno. I'll PM you about my release.

Tri

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by triceretops View Post
    Thanks, Dawno. I'll PM you about my release.

Tri
    So will I!