• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] The Gernert Company

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
I queried Seth Fishman on 12/5/10 and received a request today for the full. I'll keep you updated.

For those data-fiends:
My work is a 90K word contemporary fantasy and I submitted my query with 20 pages and a synopsis. (I came to the 20 pages because that's, roughly, three chapters in my book).

moonfairee

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just popping in to share my response time experience with Logan.

Q - Jan 1st
R - Jan 21st

And the rejection? One of the nicest I've ever received on a query submission.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Personalized rejection from Seth Fishman on my full today. Five week turnaround. Said he admired the writing but something was missing in the plot for him.

Ah well. Four other fulls out. I hope one of them takes.

Monomaniac

(o)
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone recieved a rejection with a self-adressed envelope when snail mail querying Seth or does he usually just respond with an email.

rebelcheese

Registered
Reaction score
Decided to try the new guy (Mr. Fishman) with my new manuscript (and new query letter). Can't hurt to try.

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
Is a rejection from one a rejection from all at this agency? Got a for rejection from Sarah Burnes who said about my work "I'm afraid we were unable to find a place for it at this agency." I want to query Seth Fishman but don't want to look stupid...

setchmo

What are you doing, Dave?
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Mr. Fishman on 2/15, got form reject from Anna Worrall (assistant) on 3/7. Makes me wonder if he is inundated with requests right now.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Seems like Logan would be a great choice of an agent. BUT I'd like to know a little bit more about her. It is really difficult to get a good feel about her since all they say on the site is her background and she takes childrens and YA work.
Anyone know of any interviews hanging around? I looked but didn't find much.

SisterWriters

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this agency is a no from one a no from all agency.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Chris Parris-Lamb

I sent a query today and indicated I want to be considered by Chris Parris-Lamb. I got the following automated response (below). Should I hear something more specific I will post back.
Bryan

Thank you so much for sending us your query. We promise we’ll be reviewing each submission, but please understand that due to the volume of emails we receive, it is now our policy to respond (usually within four weeks) only if we are interested in seeing more material. Thanks again for thinking of us. We sincerely wish you all the best.

Best wishes,

The Gernert Company

Bormioli

Registered
Reaction score
Chris Parris-Lamb?

Has Bryan or anyone else received a query reply from Chris Parris-Lamb lately?

I also queries in October and haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks!

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Has Bryan or anyone else received a query reply from Chris Parris-Lamb lately?

I also queries in October and haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks!

I never received a reply to my October 15 query. Given the automated response about hearing back within 4 weeks if they are interested, I'm assuming they are passing on my work. I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has heard anything recently though.
Bryan

CallMeIshmael

Registered
Reaction score
Logan Garrison requested the first 3 chapters on 6/8 and I have yet to hear back from her. What do we think? Poke poke or give it another 2 weeks/month/2 months/etc?

Thanks!

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Well Ishmael, I'm by no means an expert, given I've not had a request for additional material, but 4 weeks seems a little quick to nudge her, at least based on what I hear others saying. I'd say wait at least 2 more weeks and see if you hear anything either from Logan or from others posting here. Good luck, and let us know what happens!
Bryan

CallMeIshmael

Registered
Reaction score
^ Thanks! I'll keep on waiting. I guess, being anxious and all, I was just thinking ... well, it's only 3 chapters! What's taking so long?! :)

MrsBrommers

Registered
Reaction score
Ishmael, give it more time. My CP is repped by Logan after doing several R&Rs for her, and I recall it usually taking a minimum of 8 weeks for her to hear back from Logan.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
^ Thanks! I'll keep on waiting. I guess, being anxious and all, I was just thinking ... well, it's only 3 chapters! What's taking so long?! :)

Work for existing clients, reading other submissions, looking through queries, life...

The general rule of thumb I've heard is not to nudge on a partial before three months have passed.

Just keep querying.

CallMeIshmael

Registered
Reaction score
3 months, got it. Thanks!

ETA: It was a R, but in case anyone is wondering ... Logan got back to me exactly at the 3 mo. mark.

Last edited: