favorite scary movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Watching 'The Birds' when I was 7...alone, in the basement den of friends of my folks while all the adults were upstairs chatting. 40+ yrs later I still get the creeps watching Tippy Hedren get pecked to death.

Jeffrey Pace

Registered
Reaction score
The 1974 version of 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.' The greatest MOVIE ever made.

End of thread. ;)

TMA-1

Registered
Reaction score
Some of the recent wave of Asian horror have made it onto my list. The various Ju-On and Ringu versions (including the US remakes), Phone (creepiest child since The Exorcist?) and Shutter, for example. Hard to pick the scariest though, since I like a lot of the scary movies produced here in the west as well.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Don't know if this was a movie or a Twilight Zone or such horroor series but dolls attacked people--not the puppers like leechwoman in Puppet Master but older films-dolls creeped me out.

Anthony Matias

Registered
Reaction score
Some of the recent wave of Asian horror have made it onto my list.

Audition is a good one to add.

We saw 28 weeks later last night. It wasn't bad. Really had fun with the helicopter scene!

As for scariest movie, it would have to be The Exorcist the first time I saw it. Since then, not much can compare because of my warped sense of enjoyment for sick screwed up movies.

virtue_summer

Always learning
Registered
Reaction score
The first Omen movie, Rosemary's Baby, and the original The Haunting. I don't tend to be a huge fan of modern horror movies. I did like Stephen King's miniseries Storm of the Century. The Grudge was pretty good.

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
The one that scared me the most was The Exorcist. I was fifteen and couldn't sleep with the lights off for MONTHS! But my favorite horror film is Thirteen Ghosts. I've rewatched it a dozen times. I just loved that whole ghost calling mechanism thing, the mythology, the spell casting. Very cool.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
The Shining. The real horror is the unraveling of the MC's mind, and as usual Nicholson can do no wrong. What else--the Diane Arbus girls, the little kid with the 70s bowl haircut and the psychic abilities, Scatman Crothers. I find something new every time I watch it.

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
The Exorcist with the added footage of the girl walking backwards down the stairs really freaked me out. Same thing with that girl in The Grudge and The Ring. I don't like kids doing weird things like that. It gives me the heebie-jeebies.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
The Fly, Jeff Goldblum version.
The Exorcist
The Ring
Wait Until Dark - Audrey Hepburn, Alan Arkin, Richard Crenna

Status
Not open for further replies.