• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Publishers UK, Ltd. / Kings Hart Books

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Thanks for the heads up. Other warning signs: horrible-looking book covers and zero information on who's running the company (so it's impossible to check their credentials for providing editing--or indeed any other services).

- Victoria

Last edited:

Cleveland W. Gibson

Registered
Reaction score
Publishers UK Ltd

The offices are only in Oxford and about 25 miles away from me. What I've heard has only been good information.
I've bought a book published by Kings Hart Books and it is stunning. Far better than many other books I've read.
I've looked at the details on the website and they are adequate for whatever purpose you looked at the site. Perhaps you had need of editorial services?
Kings hart Books say they are a small company and publish about eight books a year. Careful selection will fill up their quota quickly. The company is closed to submissions.

However, they may be open to editorial services if you have a book that you may wish to publish. All the information is there and it makes full sense to explain what is offered in today's business market.

There are many sites offering help with manuscripts. A good one that comes to mind is the JB writing bureau which seems to handle everything. But they charge for any work sent to them to edit.They read it for a stated fee. The money involved depends upon length and what type of work is involved. Heavy editing, light editing, copy editing or ghostwriting,etc.

If I kept digging I'd find more sites that charge for their services. Publishers UK Ltd are tied in with Kings Hart Books and it means you have access to a good editor who has a real interest in the written words.of 'Bob The Builder' and is famous to the children in the UK.It was written by one of the editors.
I happen tolive not far from Oxford and know a little bit about the company.
They are well thought of. Produce excellent books and are sharp.
Can't say more than that.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Update: They no longer use Lulu.
Sorry, we no longer utilise Lulu who we used initially to gain an idea of concept design (excellent for a small publisher setting up). ... For more information on our company as it stands now, in 2007, please visit Kings Hart Books at www.kingshartbooks.co.uk. Authors please note that beyond our initial token administration fee (we read every manuscript that we receive) if we offer a publishing contract then we cover all other costs such as editorial input, layout, proofing, copyediting, author copies and a number of review/PR copies). All our books are available at Amazon and through bookshops so please go and read about them and our authors on our Titles page and purchase them. :)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No activity since '12.