AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Shalom Publishing House

backyarder1

Shalom Publishing House

I am looking for anyone who may have submitted articles to Shalom Publishing in Pennsylvania. They blatantly violated my copyright by selling my articles to be used in advertisements WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. The only way I found out is because a gentleman in Pennsylvania tracked me down to tell me he saw one of my articles. I believe this publisher may have done the same thing to other writers without their knowledge!!

Sockpuppet
    Did you sign away your subsidy rights when youy signed with them? I'd read the fine print of your agreement to be absolutely sure.

backyarder1
    I did not sign ANYTHING over to them. I sent an article to them to be considered for a supposed publication they have called Living. I found out that they used my article in possibly as many as eleven different advertising newspapers WITHOUT ever asking if they could, coming to an agreement with me, telling me they were going to do it, or sending me any money.

Preditors & Editors Requiescat In Pace DaveKuzminski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by backyarder1 View Post
    I did not sign ANYTHING over to them. I sent an article to them to be considered for a supposed publication they have called Living. I found out that they used my article in possibly as many as eleven different advertising newspapers WITHOUT ever asking if they could, coming to an agreement with me, telling me they were going to do it, or sending me any money.
    If you've just learned about this and haven't registered your copyright yet, do so now. Then speak with a lawyer who specializes in intellectual property (IP). Not just any lawyer, but an IP lawyer. You and your lawyer may have won the publishing lottery.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    IMHO, it's not a good sign when the only trace of a publisher is a listing in an obscure yellow pages.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: