The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: New Chapter Press / New Chapter Media

practical experience, FTW VeggieChick's Avatar

New Chapter Press / New Chapter Media

Anything on them? They have an ad in Craigslist asking for pitches. I sent an email and got a quick answer with a link to their website.

http://www.newchapterpressmedia.com/

practical experience, FTW
    Odd that a company that claims to be around since 1987 only has 5 titles listed. The link to the owner's website is dead. What sort of stuff were they looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamer View Post
    Odd that a company that claims to be around since 1987 only has 5 titles listed. The link to the owner's website is dead. What sort of stuff were they looking for?
    I thought the same. But its also odd to be asking for submissions on craigslist.

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Nineteen titles, actually. But there's a big gap: sixteen of them are from 1993 and earlier, then one in 2004, and two from 2007. One does wonder what they were doing in the intervening eleven years. Three books in the four most recent years isn't exactly a flood.

I have to agree: Craigslist?

practical experience, FTW VeggieChick's Avatar

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    FWIW, the URL to the founder's website now redirects to her new location: http://www.iwanttobe60.com/

Since she makes no mention of the press in her bio, I'm wondering if the current incarnation has a new owner.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

To answer my own question, yes. Site's been updated re: Randy Walker morphing NCM into a "sales, marketing and publishing company". Still publishing; mostly tennis related.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

ICAO
    ---------