New England

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey New Englanders! Anybody still want to have a get-together?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What happened to Werencole? He said something about a get-together in the fall.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be in Mystic, Connecticut in mid-October.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
What happened to Werencole? He said something about a get-together in the fall.

Did I? I seem to have forgotten about that.

If anybody feels like coming to Boston I am generally free and able to get around the city. As I am currently sans car any other part of New England is a little beyond my ability. Unless you want to pick me up, of course.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did I? I seem to have forgotten about that.

Yes, you did. If I remember correctly you said you would be in the Boston area in the Fall and tossed out the idea of AW peeps meeting at a pub.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I checked the thread history.

We can still do that, you know.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's OT I know, but be sure to go by Mystic Pizza and say hello to Julia Roberts for me. :)

I did go to Mystic Pizza! Nice place. Good pizza. They let me keep the menu.

Julia Roberts wasn't there that day though.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a New Englanger, but I'll be in Boston in January, arriving on the 3rd and leaving the 7th.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fizzy, do you have your computer with you? If you send me a PM, I'll send you my cell phone number.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be teaching in Northampton, Mass, April 25-26. Anybody nearby? I'm planning to go up to Greenfield to contra dance Friday and Saturday night, and I'll be driving over to North Adams to see my publisher Monday morning. Not much time in between, but hey, I could be persuaded...

Sharonb423

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the North Shore of MA (30ish minutes from Boston)... I see this thread is a little stale but is anyone still trying to get together soon or on a regular basis?

Anaquana

needed a good laugh today
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
:)

Sounds good to me. Anytime after 3:30 is works for me. Did you have anyplace in particular in mind?

BTW, I just saw the link in your signature. Your mom passed away five years to the day that my gram did. *hugs*

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
:)

Sounds good to me. Anytime after 3:30 is works for me. Did you have anyplace in particular in mind?

If you're in West Springfield, just down the block from the Big E, how about the Starbucks just over the bridge in Springfield on Columbus Avenue?

As for the time, 3:30 weekdays is bad for me. Weekends would work better for me at that time of day.

BTW, I just saw the link in your signature. Your mom passed away five years to the day that my gram did. *hugs*

Thanks. Sorry about your gram.

Anaquana

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
I'm actually in Agawam, but the Starbucks on Columbus is fine. This coming weekend is bad for me, we're completely booked. Are you free later in the evenings?

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm actually in Agawam, but the Starbucks on Columbus is fine. This coming weekend is bad for me, we're completely booked. Are you free later in the evenings?

Later in the evenings? Not always. My job doesn't usually end until 7 PM each night and I'm always so beat by then that going out is almost impossible. I'd fall asleep in my coffee right in front of you. And then I'd be wasted the next day at work.

Another weekend??

::ETA::

Another possibility is lunch. I am usually available from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM Mon-Fri. Do you have lunch availability? I can drive to Agawam to meet you with no problem (assuming you work in Agawam).

Thing is, I live in Springfield where I am a full-time, live-in nanny. I drive the children to school every day down in Southwick, so I take I-91 South to 57 West, passing right through Agawam on my way to the school in Southwick every day. Then, when I finish dropping off the children by 9:00 AM, I drive right back to Springfield again via 57 East, and then return to Southwick by 3:00 PM to get the children again. So I am constantly driving through Agawam.

My availability between 10:00 and 2:00 is usualy pretty flexible. So if you'd like we can meet for lunch in Agawam. There are loads of very cool little lunch places all over Agawam just perfect for that.

But if you do NOT work in Agawam, maybe I can drive to whatever town/city you work at (Springfield?? Hartford?? Wilbraham?? Northampton??) and we can meet for lunch then. The only negative I see is if you have a skimpy lunch of just 30 minutes and zero flexibility. Or else if your job won't allow you to do lunch (like if you are a school teacher and therefore cannot have someone come to your school for lunch).

Would this work???

Last edited:

Anaquana

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
I'm actually unemployed at the moment (or a stay-at-home housewife as I like to call it :) ) so I'm free all day, except for tomorrow because we have a new washer and dryer being delivered at some point in the afternoon.

We could do lunch on Friday. My only restriction is that we've only got one car, which my husband uses to get to work, so it would have to be a place within walking distance for me. That would leave us with: The Parthenon, Christo's, Subway, McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts that I can think of off the top of my head.

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm actually unemployed at the moment (or a stay-at-home housewife as I like to call it :) ) so I'm free all day, except for tomorrow because we have a new washer and dryer being delivered at some point in the afternoon.

We could do lunch on Friday. My only restriction is that we've only got one car, which my husband uses to get to work, so it would have to be a place within walking distance for me. That would leave us with: The Parthenon, Christo's, Subway, McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts that I can think of off the top of my head.

Great. :) Pick one of those places and we'll meet Friday. My only potential obstacle would be if one of the children got sick and I would have to stay home and play nurse maid.

Status
Not open for further replies.