New England

Status
Not open for further replies.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Include Maine! Include Maine! We're not all that boring, I swear. :)

Having grown up in Maine I would have to say that you really are that boring. Really.

Also. . . Maine is bigger than the rest of the other New England states combined. We have a county bigger than Rhode Island, really. It has about eight people living in it too.

I will be back up there sometime in the middle of '08. . . I vote for a meeting at a pub in Boston.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Nuh uh! We have...a couple bars...and, um - trees....

Aw hell. *kicks dirt*

We're a bunch of rugged individualists, ok? We don't need no stinkin' nightlife.

I think there's at least 11 people living in Aroostook county these days. Hmph.

*sigh* Boston does actually sound kinda nice.

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
Aroostook

Is that the actual or the phonetic spelling? I couldn't remember so I just said "a county." You obviously knew what I was talking about.

That's a good Mainah, ayuh.

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I live in Croydon NH better know in literary circles as Coniston as in the book Coniston by Winston Churchill. My geographic location is between Newport, Grantham, Sunapee, and Cornish NH. I am very interested in meeting other New England writers.

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Boston is a pain in the arse to find parking. Springfiled MA would be good. It would also be easy for those living in CT to get there. Or if you want to be daring we could meet in Whip City. :)

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on Long Island, and I demand to be included! :D

I was on vacation in Portland, ME last winter - yes, yes, we went on vacation in Maine during the winter, and no, we don't ski even a little - and while in the ladies' room of a restaurant, I found myself at eye level with a bit of graffiti I thought was indicative of the nature of Mainers. Someone had written "I (heart) Portland." and someone else replied beneath it, "Your Mom (hearts) Portland." Like, is that the absolute worst thing y'all could come with, snappy-comeback-wise? LOL, as a born-and-bred Queens girl, I found that hysterical, in a sweet, aww-shucks kind of way. I took a picture of it on my camera phone because I knew no New Yorker would ever believe it.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
I'm in southern New Hampshire, right next to the Massachusetts border. I would be interested, but I don't know when I'll be able to do something like a meet. Schedule's too unpredictable right now. But, we'll see how it goes.

~DragonHeart~

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
**raises hand** I'm from Maine, too! I'm way-way-way far away from all that's interesting or important, though, so I doubt I'll be able to travel anywhere close to the places outlined in this thread so far. :( I'm about one hour and a half north of Portland. There's tress, cows, some more trees and, oh yeah . . . cows. Stupid wilderness. Now, there's snow. Lot's and lots of snow. **sighs**

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
I live in Nashua, NH. I'd probably be able to go if it were to take place in Concord or Boston. But that also depends on the date because I go to Pennsylvania for school.

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I think we need to have more time to plan.

Boston isn't far from me, but I don't want to drive there during a snow storm, and parking is a problem. Where in Boston would we meet?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have been thinking of trying to plan something for this summer or in the fall.

Is anyone in the New England area still interested in a get-together?

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in. Summer or fall would be great - not having to drive in the snow and slush is definitely a good thing.

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
I will be in Boston in the fall and I'm down to us hitting a pub or something, if you folks want to make the trek to the Boston area.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will be in Boston in the fall and I'm down to us hitting a pub or something, if you folks want to make the trek to the Boston area.

I am actually hoping to plan something for the Providence area.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Count me in :)
Don't care where the festivity is to be,
whether on Maine or Mars,
somehow or other I'll make it there,
even if I have to walk, swim, or hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.