• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Laura Dail Literary Agency, Inc.

Lydia Sharp

for the love of love
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lydiasharp.blogspot.com
Updating...

Partial (first 50 pages) upgraded to a full on 10/5. :D

Both ms requests were asked to be sent snail mail, although she is corresponding through email.

Updating again...

Received my R from Tamar on 11/5. She also offered some specific feedback, which is always appreciated. Although she ultimately passed on this project, it was an overall positive experience. Anyone would be lucky to have her as an agent.

Monnrella

Toward empowering teen girls.
Registered
Reaction score
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
Hey everyone!

Complete newbie here. Kept meaning to join AW but never got around to it. But now, I need your help! I just got my first-ever request for a partial, from Tamar. I've done some research on how to format a ms for submission, but I'm so scared I'll do it wrong. I know the standard info--1" margins, double-spaced, etc. (And when an agent asks for a set number of pages, that's DOUBLE-spaced pages, right? Because as it is, my ms is not double-spaced.) Those of you who have gotten requests from Tamar for partials and then fulls, how did you do it? Advice? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!
~Monnrella

BrigidMary23

Paranormal YA Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brigidkemmerer.blogspot.com
Hey everyone!

Complete newbie here. Kept meaning to join AW but never got around to it. But now, I need your help! I just got my first-ever request for a partial, from Tamar. I've done some research on how to format a ms for submission, but I'm so scared I'll do it wrong. I know the standard info--1" margins, double-spaced, etc. (And when an agent asks for a set number of pages, that's DOUBLE-spaced pages, right? Because as it is, my ms is not double-spaced.) Those of you who have gotten requests from Tamar for partials and then fulls, how did you do it? Advice? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!
~Monnrella

Yes, double spaced, page numbered, with your name and title in the header. The pages count by double spaced pages. Send enough pages so it stops at the end of a chapter. (So if it's 49 pages or 51, that's fine.)

Good luck!

Creole Lady

Registered
Reaction score
Received a generic rejection form letter from Laura Dail with 2 day turnaround on my historical novel.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score

Eiro

Pull no punches!
Registered
Reaction score
I got a partial request from Tamar a while back. She rejected it, but with an incredibly nice, encouraging, personalized letter (and quick turnaround, too -- a month for snail mail). She's a real class act, and I would query her again in a heartbeat.

Dahlia

Registered
Reaction score
My partial was rejected today. She sent me a four sentence snail mail letter, noting two good points and one bad point. This makes my sixth rejection on partial/fulls :(

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everybody know I'll be hosting an interactive interview with Ms. Rydzinski on my blog this Thursday, February 24. If you have a question you'd like to ask her, this is your chance!

I'll be back to post a direct link to the interview that morning...

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Got a "Dear Author" form reject today from Tamar. But I queried on 2/24/11 so at least it was a quick reject :D

Triphi

Registered
Reaction score
Request for 50 pages from Tamar today! Thanks for the interview, Krista!
:D

Lauren W

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.laurenwaters.net
Hello newbie here! I sent out a full to Tamar 3/25/11 after sending my 50 pages 2/28/11. Crossing my fingers since everything I've read on here and the web says she's a fantastic agent! Will probably be hearing soon...

Lauren W

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.laurenwaters.net
Fingers uncrossed...received rejection letter today but Tamar couldn't have been more wonderful. This project might not be for her but I will definitely send more projects her way. Query her, she's amazing.

Louisa

Registered
Reaction score
Hi There! She was July secret agent for Miss Snark and gave a lot of valuable feedback. I didn't win anything, but my entry got a rather positive feedback anyway, so I was thinking I could query her nevertheless, what you think?

UntouchableGreen

Registered
Reaction score
Query sent to Tamar on 7/15 and partial requested (snail mail) on 7/28. I know she has it and I'm waiting on a response. It gives me hope to see some of you waited a month before she requested a full as I've reached that time and no rejection yet.

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score

IrisFlower81

Flower Girl
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Tamar Rydzinski on 9/2/11 and received a 50 page partial request on 10/4/11. Still waiting to hear back on said partial, though in defense of the agency, the month to two months it usually takes to read 50 pages fell over the holiday season. Hoping to hear back soon!