The "Sarcasm" Thread

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I understand twice as much as you ought to, half of the time. But not on Tuesday.

Good. On Tuesdays my wit suit is usually at the dry cleaner so I don't have to worry about drowning during your high tides of intellectual meanderings during the rest of the week. Of course, I've never seen a puddle reach high tide...

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Obviously, rob, these ladies are suede by your charm....

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
What happened to the sarcasm, man? Whatever. I see you guys really know how to follow rules.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I apologize profusely and will endeavor to be more sarcastic, in accordance with your wishes...for the last thing I would want to do is cause you any sort of grief. Really.

(How was that?)

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I apologize profusely and will endeavor to be more sarcastic, in accordance with your wishes...for the last thing I would want to do is cause you any sort of grief. Really.

(How was that?)
Oh, yeah, that was so much better. really.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, it's good to know that people didn't miss the sarcasm while appreciating our ever-so-fine punnery....

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I see you've got things under control here, Rob, so I've Bard myself from posting in this thread anymore.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Ever notice the people who say sarcasm is the lowest form of humour are the people who can't do it properly?

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
At a previous job:

Manager (running into my office, such as it was, in a panic): "Quick, I need one of those easel things, two of those flip chart things, a bunch of those real big sticky notes in all different colors, markers in every color you have and oh yeah, get coffee and all that crap from the cafeteria!"

Me: "Okay, when do you need this stuff?" (None of which was normally kept on hand except the markers, mind you.)

Him: "For my meeting in five minutes!"

Me (thinking): "Gee, nothing like planning ahead, is there? Especially not here..."

~*~

Moronic former co-worker, on IM: "R U THERE?!!!?!!!!111 R U There!!!!!111?/// 911!!!!1111 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 R U Ther????!!!!!????!!!??!111"
Me: "No."

Or this lovely exchange:

Dazed & Confused Staff Person: "That meeting for today, you gotta fix igt! You put it on the seventeenth!"

Me: "Huh?"

D&CSP: "It's ont he seventeenth! You gotta fix it! You gotta call everyone and tell them it's today! It's gotta be TODAY!"

Me: "Uh, Rich? Today is the seventeenth."

Him: "No, no, it's the sixteenth! You gotta fix it!"

Me: "Rich, today is the seventeenth. Trust me on that." (It was my birthday, I should have known what day it was!)

Him (slightly indignant): "Are you trying to tell me I don't know what day it is?"

Me: "With all due respect, yes."