Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Distributor] Hushion House Publishing

king pixel

[Distributor] Hushion House Publishing

Does anyone have any experience with "Hushion House", a Canadian book distributor?

www.hushion.com/about%20us%20canada.htm

In addition to distribution for "traditional" publishers, they also offer their services to the self-published crowd. The basic rate is $1500 for distribution in Canada or the US; or $1800 for both. In return, they offer:

"...68% of net revenue from sales of your books at wholesale discounts prevalent in the industry, after deductions for returns and exception processing by our warehouse/ fulfillment supplier. Timing of payments is detailed in our contract, and is established as per industry norm to allow for the effects of returns"

If I read this correctly, the self-published author pays the Distribution fee they feel they want ($1500/$1800) and they get 68% of whatever the dealer's cost was (say 55% of cover??). I presume that there is some processing, handling and/or warehousing fees that have to be deducted as well.

Are these types of arrangements common? Anyone with experience in these types of distribution agreements?

HapiSofi

Re: Hushion House (Canadian Distributor) -- any experience?

Talk to H. B. Fenn in Mississisauga and see whether the deal they offer is comparable to this Hushion House thing.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

Hushion House Publishing

Distributor for small publishers and self-published authors. Here's the link for their USA arm. http://www.hushion.com/about%20us%20usa.htm
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Hushion House declared bankruptcy June '06. Story here.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: