• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] David Higham Associates

Captain Scarf

Smart-casual Ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I've had a look at these chaps website and it looks fairly impressive. Anyone know about them?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
They rejected my offering.
Solidly legit

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
I have a friend who is a script writer and novelist who's been represented by them for years. He's worked for the BBC, Disney, and various other production companies in that time. If you can get on their books, that'll be a great boost to your career.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
These people ask for a CV in their submissions guidelines though. How the hell do I manage that? Especially when I've only written one novel (unpublished). I don't even know where to begin putting it together. I wondered if the guidelines were out of date but I can't find them on agentquery or querytracker.

bluehippo

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you Roly when it comes to agents asking for cvs. I queried David Higham on 14/11/2009 and got a rejection 4 days later. I didn't include a cv, which might explain the very quick rejection, though I had no idea what they meant by a cv either, whether it was my regular cv I use to apply for jobs or my writing cv, which would have been blank anyway. Quite a few UK agents seem to want a cv, though they never actually say what they mean by that. And if it is your writing credits, what if you don't have any?

I think UK agents aren't listed on agentquery. I have seen a couple on querytracker, but not many. I usually go by what they say on their website when querying UK agents, which unfortunately means they do want a cv.

Gemnyc

reading 24/7
Registered
Reaction score
Bluehippo - I DID include a CV and got an R back within 4 days as well. :D

Roly - I stripped down the original CV I used for work. I started with a brief profile about myself. Then listed some of my jobs, highlighting anything writing related - company literature, press releases, advertising. I ended by listing my education and any training courses.

Good luck :D

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Litmatch.Net (now called AuthorAdvance) lists a decent number of UK agents

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
I received a 'good' rejection from them.

The 'close, but no banana' variety. :D

I'm planning to sub novel #2 to them.