One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
HI
My goals are for the next 12 months:

Movie Scripts:

Wirte 3 scripts.

Progress:
I have completed one which still needs a major rewrite. I will write the next script in JUne with the Scritp Frenzy Challenge. Then I will write the third one after that.

TV:

I will write one episode and full episode description.

Progress: I have begun and am about half way through!

Book:

I will write 2 books - One a novel, one sharing/teaching kinda book.

Progress: I have begun to write but still a LONG way off yet.

Once written I will spend time rewriting them and making them up to, an excellent standard. Then try to sell them!!!

Please check in with me from time to time to see how i am going and lets keeping spuring each other onwards.
Kev

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Ouch! Those are some major goals, ones that you'll fight to make but in the end will have a ton of work to show for it. Keep everyone updated. And tell us when to turn on the TV or go to the movies so we can enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Pike

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
I will read about your accomplishments on imdb with glee! Fingers crossed for you.

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
I completed my 2nd movie script.

Title: The Horrid Tale of Franken Santa.

It needs rewriting but i have something to work from.

If you want to read a couple of exerts please go to
SYW - Screenwriting - Script Frenzy posts.

Kev.

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Do you write full-time for your livelihood? This plan suggests that you do. Or are you retired, and now devoting yourself to this pursuit without the necessity to generate income?

I have found that an extensive list is, for various reasons, unattainable. The main one being that invariably, we underestimate the length of time required for a project or projects. Secondly, no matter how healthy one is, or stable one's life, things can (and do) arise which ensures that ordinary life manages to get in the way of our best made plans.

If too extensive, and the timetables are not able to be met, you can induce within yourself a lot of stress. I would suggest a very thorough review of any extensive plans, and break them down into more manageable, obtainable components/goals. This requires one to be very realistic - even perhaps a tad ruthless with oneself. The benefit, psychologically, of an annual review wherein you have obtained a series of definite 'successes' throughout the year can't be underestimated.

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi ATP,

The answer to your question is at the moment i teach English as my day job and write when i can. I am wanting to earn a good living off writing so i can write full time.

I get what you are saying however these are goals that can and may change over the year.

My goals are to write:

3 movie scripts - Competed 2 - One is done and has been requested by a Prod Co. One I have just finished and need to rewrite. That ONLY leaves 1 more movie script to do.

1 TV - One pilot TV episode which i have nearly done and the details of who and what will happen in each episode. (At this stage i don't need to write ALL of the episodes just a synopsis!) Then i pitch it and if it taken by a Co. THEN i will need to write more. If this is the case i will put the other stuff aside to conectrate on the paying job.

2 books. I have the outline of these and these are going to take much more time.

SO I have only narly one year to write 1 movie script, half a TV episode and 2 books. Then rewrite and edit them. So I do think that this is something I can do even if i still have to teach and write.

I burnt out once. I do know what that is like and i DON'T recomend that to anyone. SO I WILL BECAREFUL not to get too streesed out and definatley burn out again.

I will take lots of time to rest. If I get them done great. If I don't thats OK i am not going to put myself under too much pressure to complete all.

Kev.