QueryTracker.net

justpat

QueryTracker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.querytracker.net
A free site I created myself because I couldn't find anything else online that did it. Here is a quick list of what QueryTracker provides:

• Searchable agent database
  • Maintain a record of which agents you've already queried and when (with just one click)
  • Maintain a record of all agent responses (again, one click)
  • Mark agents you don't like and filter them out of your searches
  • Write and print your query letters direct from the site.
  • With one click, automatically fill out envelopes and print right from the site. (outgoing and sase)
  • See statistics for each agent detailing how many queries have been sent to them and what their responses were.
  • View the query letters of other writers (if the author makes it public) and sort them on a per-agent basis so you can see just what that agent likes or dislikes in a query.
And again, I offer this free because I found it to be so useful for myself I just wanted to share.

justpat

QueryTracker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.querytracker.net
Thanks Sury, I hope it helps. Its us against the agents, you know. With this we can kind of pool together and gang up on them. At least thats what I'm hoping.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've signed up for it and I'm testing it out. :D I'll let you know how it goes, Pat.

Rene

Your Query Tool is great!

hi, justpat,
I just found your website last night, joined, and then got so excited about it's versatility that I had to stop and share it with all my friends on Myspace and on my blogs.

Since more users mean more examples and responses from agents, means it will just keep getting better, I hope it helps drive more to the site to try it out.

I've been lurking, and haven't really intro'd myself here, but have been a subscriber to the Absolute Write newsletter for a long time, though on a yahoo email that I don't always check so I didn't know about the forum.

Nathan on MySpace alerted me to the existance of the Water Cooler, so I rushed over to check it out.
Sadly Nathan refused my query. I guess he thought my book was for children. Not!

Your booksite is incredible!

I sent you an email on your Query Tracker site. but since you are so active here thought I would post this for you.

Good Luck, Pat, with both your projects.
and many thanks for developing this great tool,
René

justpat

QueryTracker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.querytracker.net
Thanks Rene.
Query Tracker is designed to be a huge collection of query information, so yes the more users the better. Thanks for spreading the word.

For those reading this that aren't aware of it, the feature which Rene is talking about works like this: Authors check off milestones for each query they send (things like mailed, emailed, rejected, manuscript request, etc) This is great for helping the individual author keep track. But Query Tracker compiles all that information and for each individual agent will display how many queries have been sent to him/her. How may they have rejected, etc. You can even view the actual query letters (if the author of the letter allows it) so you can see what kind of letters this agent really likes and what she doesn't.

The statistics will also show if an agent accepts emailed queries more often then snail mailed. Things like that. I will be adding in the very near future these same statistics but based on genre.

So, with enough users on QueryTracker, we can gain an edge that we writers have never had before.

Strength in Numbers!

-Pat

Last edited:

justpat

QueryTracker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.querytracker.net
Thank you, rwam. And because the statistics gathering portion is so important and because that depends on having lots of data, please tell your writing friends to take a look. The more the merrier.

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Great site Pat. Thanks for making it available. I joined, and posted about it on my blog.

--Scott

Tia Nevitt

Anywhere but here, anywhen but now
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tianevitt.com
It looks fabulous. My only suggestion (so far) is that you have a way to disable the helpful messages and the flashing icons.

However, I am really impressed. I'm not currently submitting now, but when I start (maybe at the end of the summer) I will certainly give this tool a try.

Melanie Lane

Registered
Reaction score
It's an awesome site (can't thank you enough for having it up there for free)! I signed up today and have already queried about a zillion agents!

:Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail:

The only thing that was a bit aggravating was the fact that you can't add agents not on the database. So I added several today because of that. :) Other than that, Hakuna Matata

justpat

QueryTracker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.querytracker.net
It looks fabulous. My only suggestion (so far) is that you have a way to disable the helpful messages and the flashing icons.

However, I am really impressed. I'm not currently submitting now, but when I start (maybe at the end of the summer) I will certainly give this tool a try.

Thanks Tia, glad you like it. The flashing help messages are there just to walk you through the process the first time, after that they will vanish on their own and never come back.

justpat

QueryTracker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.querytracker.net
It's an awesome site (can't thank you enough for having it up there for free)! I signed up today and have already queried about a zillion agents!

:Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail:

The only thing that was a bit aggravating was the fact that you can't add agents not on the database. So I added several today because of that. :) Other than that, Hakuna Matata

Thank you Melanie. There is an 'Add Agent' button at the top of the page, the only restriction is that they will not be placed in the database right away. This is so I can verify their info and make sure they are not on any of the scammer lists.

theengel

Complete Joke
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sahdguide.info
Ackkk..I wish I'd known about this before I wasted all that time trying to learn php.

I started trying to organize something like this at http://mymanuscripts.com. I think I'll abandon the whole thing though cause it sucks up WAY too much time. Besides, writer's market has finally reinstalled the optioins on their submission tracker.

Awesome work, my man. You should add the ability to add publications instead of just agents.

justpat

QueryTracker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.querytracker.net
theengel, I looked at your site, I like the clean/professional look of it. I also like your idea about adding publications as well, I'll get started right away.

I looked at the writer's market tracking site, but was not impressed. It still leaves a lot to pencil and paper (and its not free). In fact, I joined a while back just so I could get a look, and now I can't seem to cancel my subscription. I keep trying, but they still keep charging my credit card. Damn Crooks!

theengel

Complete Joke
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sahdguide.info
I use WM a lot for the magazine submission info.

Hey, if you need any help, let me know...I'm starting to get the hang of PHP, and had wanted to get other writers involved in the one I was working on, you know, for input or help coding etc.. (noone seemed interested though)

I especially like your ability to print out queries on the fly. This is what I had originally intended to do...the real main functionality for me.

justpat

QueryTracker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.querytracker.net
I use WM a lot for the magazine submission info.

Hey, if you need any help, let me know...I'm starting to get the hang of PHP, and had wanted to get other writers involved in the one I was working on, you know, for input or help coding etc.. (noone seemed interested though)

I especially like your ability to print out queries on the fly. This is what I had originally intended to do...the real main functionality for me.

How long have you been working on your site? It looks like you were off to a good start.

Help? Certainly. Do you know of any online sources for magazine submission info? I could also use someone with PHP experience who would like to give the site a thorough work over and see if you can break it or find any bugs. But the biggest thing right now taking up all my time is just trying to get the word out.

I wish I had more that you could do, maybe later on.

theengel

Complete Joke
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sahdguide.info
I worked on it for about 3 weeks straight...it took most of my time. Then I got work and had to quit, and I haven't looked back on it since then.

It all started from this thread:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46431

No one really seemed interested except me, so I had quiot thinking about it.
Do you know of any online sources for magazine submission info?

Not other than Writer's Market. But I'm seeing a lot of outdated material on there. Some of the popular pubs haven't been updated in two years or more.

Press releases might help you get the word out...offline ones to small newspapers.

justpat

QueryTracker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.querytracker.net
Depending on whether I am sitting in front of my computer or not when I receive new agent notification, it can take 1 to 24 hours for me to check out the agent and make sure they are not on any scam list, then add him/her to the database.

A few came in last night while I was sleeping. They have now been added. If these are not the ones you were looking for, please let me know.

-Pat

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I think they were already in there, I just had a filter on. I suck!
I have them all listed now :). Such a great idea- thanks for creating it! ;)