• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Karpfinger Agency (Barney Karpfinger)

Just Me 2021

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hello, All.

Anyone had experience with Inge De Taeye at the Karpfinger Agency or knowledge about this agency in general. Besides a note on P&E saying they are not taking very many new clients on and some information on Mr. Karpfinger and Liv Blumer (who I believe has moved on), I had trouble finding any information specific to Ms. De Taeye.

Thanks in advance!

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
Sorry this isn't any help, but Ms de Taeye appears to have no web presence that I can discover. The only info specific to her was a phone listing that confirmed she did live in NYC.
A fair amount on the Karpfinger Agency, though. Is she definitely an agent, or an assistant, perhaps?
-Barbara

Just Me 2021

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm not really sure. She said "we" are looking forward to reading your ms, and I queried Barney Karpfinger, so perhaps she is speaking for him? Or perhaps all his ms get read by her first? Or she's a new agent there? Not sure.

I know Mr. Karpfinger is great, so I'm guessing anyone working with him is wonderful. Just wondered if anyone knew more.

Thanks for the help.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any recent experience with this agency? I am thinking about sending them a query.

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
hi all

Sent a snail mail query to Mr. Karpfinger on Jan 12th and got an email request for 100 pages from Inge De Taeye, writing on behalf of Mr. Karpfinger.

Anyone have any updated info on him? Not much info on the site but it seems he reps Jonathan Kellerman, which ain't bad!

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
Alas... got the "R" today. Just a form email but they do turn around partials pretty quick!

Ananya

Registered
Reaction score
Snail Mail June 5, 2013
Rejection June 14, 2013 (Very kind letter asking to see another book proposal in the future.)