The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Karpfinger Agency (Barney Karpfinger)

practical experience, FTW Just Me 2021's Avatar

The Karpfinger Agency (Barney Karpfinger)

Hello, All.

Anyone had experience with Inge De Taeye at the Karpfinger Agency or knowledge about this agency in general. Besides a note on P&E saying they are not taking very many new clients on and some information on Mr. Karpfinger and Liv Blumer (who I believe has moved on), I had trouble finding any information specific to Ms. De Taeye.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry this isn't any help, but Ms de Taeye appears to have no web presence that I can discover. The only info specific to her was a phone listing that confirmed she did live in NYC.
    A fair amount on the Karpfinger Agency, though. Is she definitely an agent, or an assistant, perhaps?
    -Barbara
    will crit for rep points
    "Your commas are pretty good." TNH
    okay, I have a blog

practical experience, FTW Just Me 2021's Avatar
    I'm not really sure. She said "we" are looking forward to reading your ms, and I queried Barney Karpfinger, so perhaps she is speaking for him? Or perhaps all his ms get read by her first? Or she's a new agent there? Not sure.

I know Mr. Karpfinger is great, so I'm guessing anyone working with him is wonderful. Just wondered if anyone knew more.

Thanks for the help.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    I found this acknowledgement, FWIW as a clue to what she represents.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

practical experience, FTW
    Anyone have any recent experience with this agency? I am thinking about sending them a query.

Me love books much
    hi all

Sent a snail mail query to Mr. Karpfinger on Jan 12th and got an email request for 100 pages from Inge De Taeye, writing on behalf of Mr. Karpfinger.

Anyone have any updated info on him? Not much info on the site but it seems he reps Jonathan Kellerman, which ain't bad!

Me love books much
    Alas... got the "R" today. Just a form email but they do turn around partials pretty quick!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Updating link: http://karpfinger.com/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Snail Mail June 5, 2013
    Rejection June 14, 2013 (Very kind letter asking to see another book proposal in the future.)