• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Simply Nonfiction Literary Agency / May Writers' Group (Michele Glance Rooney aka Shelly May)

hopscotch2da

The director is Michele Glance Rooney, looking for any info, fast
:eek

underthecity

Re: Has anyone heard of Simply Nonfiction Literary Agency???

Hopscotch,

Preditors and Editors lists Simply Nonfiction as a fee-charging agency, and is NOT recommended. Preditors and Editors

Scroll down to Simply Nonfiction and you'll see it.

Keep looking for an agent that doesn't charge fees.

Good luck!

underthecity

vstrauss

Re: Has anyone heard of Simply Nonfiction Literary Agency???

This is the new name of Creative Literary Agency, which charged a $45/mo representation fee (the whole annual amount due on contract signing) and as far as I know, had no sales.

- Victoria

Kree Atv Khurz

Registered
Reaction score
Simply Nonfiction Agency

Greetings Fellow Wordsmiths!

I think I'm in love. After a year of painful rejections (I've come to enjoy, actually :tongue) of letters, cards, packets, and e-mail queries, somebody finally wants my whole 400-page manuscript. But, alas, I have grown wary, having bought more than a few rare reams and jewel-colored ink jet cartridges. It was just a little e-mail. And now I'm going to be famous? Was I too forward or what? Anybody know this agency, up in Franklin, Michigan?

Cheers, Kree (Now you know the rest of the story.)
I should be starting the Lexmark print run now before dark sets in, instead of making clever coments, shouldn't I?

Last edited:

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Re: Simply Nonfiction: Writer Beware has gotten recent reports of upfront fees due on contract signing ($100-150) plus monthly billings of between $40 and $50. This was also Ms. Rooney's M.O. with Creative Literary.

We haven't been able to find any commercial sales for this agency, under either of its names.

- Victoria

Last edited:

Kree Atv Khurz

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the good help.

Torin and Victoria,
I asked the agent several questions to which she has not responded. Yes, it may just be an on-line library card or paper recycling shop.
Marty,
Sorry about the duplication. I am dangerous: an old editor, worked in early computer development, have little respect for the keys, and started on desktops before there was an Internet. I haven't found out yet how to delete threads. Do you know? I'll probably need to do a lot of that.
Kree(tin):Jump:

tuttle

Anyone know of Michele Rooney out of Michigan?

Anyone know of her?
Is she a good agent?

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
I didn't find much else either. A claim that she adheres to AAR guidelines and only charges a 10% commission, but that's it. My suspicion would be whether she's had any sales, since I couldn't find any listed.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com

Eussie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.unendinglove.com
victoriastrauss said:
Please, folks, do a search before asking about an agent. There are at least three other recent threads dealing with Michele Rooney and Simply Nonfiction.

The most informative one is here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=138435#post138435

- Victoria

Sorry! I did do a search on"Michele Rooney Literary Agency" on google and nothing came up.

Maybe we should index this forum?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Eussie said:
Maybe we should index this forum?
There's a Search function at the top of the page. It's also easy to flip back a few pages to see if a topic has been mentioned recently.

Eussie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.unendinglove.com
CaoPaux said:
There's a Search function at the top of the page. It's also easy to flip back a few pages to see if a topic has been mentioned recently.

Sheesh... I was only making a suggestion on how to avoid double posts. I missed the one a few posts down. Obviously I'm not the only one doing it if Victoria had to start the post with "Please folks..."

I've been here a few weeks so I don't mind a slap on the wrist, but what about the brand newbies? They don't know about the search features and the protocols and such. They're just looking for help and I thought a topic index would be a good place for them to start looking.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Eussie said:
Sheesh... I was only making a suggestion on how to avoid double posts. I missed the one a few posts down. Obviously I'm not the only one doing it if Victoria had to start the post with "Please folks..."

I've been here a few weeks so I don't mind a slap on the wrist, but what about the brand newbies? They don't know about the search features and the protocols and such. They're just looking for help and I thought a topic index would be a good place for them to start looking.
Sorry, didn't mean it as a "slap", just pointing out what seemed to be overlooked. Heck, I'll volunteer to do an index, if Victoria would like one. :Sun:

Eussie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.unendinglove.com
CaoPaux said:
Sorry, didn't mean it as a "slap", just pointing out what seemed to be overlooked. Heck, I'll volunteer to do an index, if Victoria would like one. :Sun:

Or maybe just an info post at the top of the forum.

I would offer to do it myself but I am getting ready for my math finals.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
CaoPaux said:

The advanced search feature is only showing those two threads started this week. A look back through the forum would not come across it if you didn't know her agency was called Simply Nonfiction.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Also, regarding Google searches, I've found it very helpful to put only an agent's name in quote marks, followed by "literary agency" (not in quote marks). You may get more Web info on the agent that way.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
An index would be incredibly useful, especially if it were updated from time to time. I wouldn't dare ask anyone to take on that onerous task, but if some suck...um, wonderful and enlightened person would volunteer, I wouldn't say no.

As for searching, I meant searching here. There's a search button at the top of the topic. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on the old AW threads, unless they've been updated since they were ported over here.

- Victoria

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
victoriastrauss said:
As for searching, I meant searching here. There's a search button at the top of the topic. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on the old AW threads, unless they've been updated since they were ported over here.

- Victoria
Perfect reason for an index, since I don't think we'd want to go through and ping all the old threads. And it shouldn't be a problem to update it every couple weeks. Consider this data mined. :D

<invoke Murphy’s Law> Shouldn't take more than a couple days. </invoke Murphy's Law>