"Atlanta Nights" blurb challenge

detante

"Atlanta Nights" blurb challenge

Post your most creative blurb for Atlanta Nights by Travis Tea. The blurb should be as flattering as possible while still being honest.

If you have no idea what I am talking about you can read all about it. A pdf copy of the book can be found
here.
-----------------------​
"A narrative so mind bending, it should be illegal."

maestrowork

Re: "Atlanta Nights" blurb challenge

Good heavens. This thing actually has an ISBN and is sold everywhere. It's going to be more famous and profitable than any other book in history! Enough for everyone of us to seeth with envy.

maestrowork

I expect a fantasy game based on Atlanta Nights soon.

Yeshanu

Actually, here's a challenge: let's write Atlanta Nights Revisited. Surely the folks here on this board can do worse than those SFWA members...

Then we can all be famous too!

Who's up for chapter one? 8)

detante

"Keep a box of tissues handy. This book is guaranteed to make you cry."
-Uncle

maestrowork

Who's up for chapter one?

CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.
Need pee--here the pain. Feel it.
Ouch, ouch, ouch. Stupid pain.
Here we go again. Another night.
Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

wurdwise

CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.
Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Zeek Deter looked at the time on his watch, on his left arm. "Too eary to take a pill, he hissed loudly.

Yeshanu

CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.
Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Zeek Deter looked at the time on his watch, on his left arm. "Too eary to take a pill, he hissed loudly. "I think I'll bug the woman downstairs by turning up my stereo."

A few seconds later his stereo, the one purchased at Wal-Mart for $99.99 (down from $159.99 -- a savings of sixty dollars!) began broadcasting the most obnoxious sound known to modern man or woman.

"Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away..."

Zeek crooned along with those long-haired freaks from the sixties at the top of his somewhat nasal tenor voice. Sure enough, he soon heard pounding that could only be his downstairs neighbour pounding on the ceiling with her broom.

Suddenly, a woman screamed.

detante

CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.
Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Zeek Deter looked at the time on his watch, on his left arm. "Too eary to take a pill, he hissed loudly. "I think I'll bug the woman downstairs by turning up my stereo."

A few seconds later his stereo, the one purchased at Wal-Mart for $99.99 (down from $159.99 -- a savings of sixty dollars!) began broadcasting the most obnoxious sound known to modern man or woman.

Zeek crooned along with those long-haired freaks from the sixties at the top of his somewhat nasal tenor voice. Sure enough, he soon heard pounding that could only be his downstairs neighbour pounding on the ceiling with her broom.

Suddenly, a woman screamed. That screamed spoke volumes. It was a long, shrill sound. Like a thousand pigeons cried out in pain and were suddenly silenced. Zeek didn't like the sound of it. Not even one little bit. Now both heads hurt.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Atlanta Nights chapter challenge

From the old board:

----------------------------------

reph
Keeper of the
folded waterproof
tarp
(2/12/05 1:25 am)
Re: "Atlanta Nights" chapter challenge
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Suddenly, a woman screamed. That screamed spoke volumes. It was a long, shrill sound. Like a thousand pigeons cried out in pain and were suddenly silenced. Zeek didn't like the sound of it. Not even one little bit. Now both heads hurt.

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

So get up and go to th crapper", Zek thougt to himself. It isnt like I have a Cathetter or nothing in there down there. I just need to get an aspirin for this stupid pain and pee. Ok, up on 1 elbow, EZ does it, and then he swithes on the lamp. Zekes' room was dark at this time, in the evening because it was winter in Atlanta and he had to see to find the bathroom door.

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
From the old board:

----------------------------------

reph
Keeper of the
folded waterproof
tarp
(2/12/05 1:25 am)
Re: "Atlanta Nights" chapter challenge
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

So get up and go to th crapper", Zek thougt to himself. It isnt like I have a Cathetter or nothing in there down there. I just need to get an aspirin for this stupid pain and pee. Ok, up on 1 elbow, EZ does it, and then he swithes on the lamp. Zekes' room was dark at this time, in the evening because it was winter in Atlanta and he had to see to find the bathroom door.

He got toast instead, and then he didn't yet again. He decided to wet his pants, because showerring and changing would take his mind off Lola.

Lola.

He would have walked a thousand piles for her. He said nothihng, nothing about the head lice. Sed nothing about the B.O. But when she started seeing his brothers he had to bale. Her last memento to him was this--this chlamydia.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

He got toast instead, and then he didn't yet again. He decided to wet his pants, because showerring and changing would take his mind off Lola.

Lola.

He would have walked a thousand piles for her. He said nothihng, nothing about the head lice. Sed nothing about the B.O. But when she started seeing his brothers he had to bale. Her last memento to him was this--this chlamydia.

Lola Lola Lola Lola Lolla Lola. It rolled off his tounge like a M&M when you get to big a mouth full and they don't all fit, and then your mom asks you somthing so you have to open to anwser and it falls out. I mean, Not the peanut ones, they stay in better. The plane ones. Anyhow, Zeek was still in wild mad animal passionate yee-ha love with Lola and it didnt help atall that he had to keep scratching because of the Chlamida. Every time he scratched he started up on Lola all over again. It was that it was all he could think about.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Lola.

Lola Lola Lola Lola Lolla Lola. It rolled off his tounge like a M&M when you get to big a mouth full and they don't all fit, and then your mom asks you somthing so you have to open to anwser and it falls out. I mean, Not the peanut ones, they stay in better. The plane ones. Anyhow, Zeek was still in wild mad animal passionate yee-ha love with Lola and it didnt help atall that he had to keep scratching because of the Chlamida. Every time he scratched he started up on Lola all over again. It was that it was all he could think about.

Pain. The joy of his mother yes. By why? He thought infidity; mother of peral is her name. Pain. Why should I care? So I told her that I don;t really care and she told me she don't really care either. So I stick out my tongue and tongue, that tongue. Why so mother tongue. I dare not ask. My brain hurts.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Lola.

Pain. The joy of his mother yes. By why? He thought infidity; mother of peral is her name. Pain. Why should I care? So I told her that I don;t really care and she told me she don't really care either. So I stick out my tongue and tongue, that tongue. Why so mother tongue. I dare not ask. My brain hurts.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. It was his freind Leslie. Leslie had used to be Wesley but he had had an operation and changed her name. Zeke sometimes forgot about the operation and he would say Wes by mistake. It was imbarrasing. bBut then he wold rember that Les was less than she used to be in some places.

Zeke opened the door and saw who it was and greeted his friend. This time he got the name right, which was pretty good for a guy who's head still hurt, and then the both of them went out to lunch, except Zeek took a shower first and changed cloths.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:partyguy: ..............the passion.....the depths.....the great heights.......never has such a large amount of paper gone to such a fever amount of work in the history of story telling......

:TheWave: :TheWave:
hats off to the team work and guts it took to pull it off.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Wendy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
That there Lola was juss ruff to get outta my mind. First sawed her at a disco stripper when she bent down ta talk at me still holding on to the bar and then she dun fingered a ferocious pimple on her nose and it burst all over the place, and you wanna no something? We laughed all day bout it, me peein my pants an all! We was made for each other!

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Lola.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. It was his freind Leslie. Leslie had used to be Wesley but he had had an operation and changed her name. Zeke sometimes forgot about the operation and he would say Wes by mistake. It was imbarrasing. bBut then he wold rember that Les was less than she used to be in some places.

Zeke opened the door and saw who it was and greeted his friend. This time he got the name right, which was pretty good for a guy who's head still hurt, and then the both of them went out to lunch, except Zeek took a shower first and changed cloths.

That there Lola was juss ruff to get outta my mind. First sawed her at a disco stripper when she bent down ta talk at me still holding on to the bar and then she dun fingered a ferocious pimple on her nose and it burst all over the place, and you wanna no something? We laughed all day bout it, me peein my pants an all! We was made for each other!

CHAPTER 2

Driving downtown observing the speed limit of 30 mph listening to the radio going and Elvis singing, I pulled into the restuarant parking lot still thinking about Lola. Opening the car doors and getting out, lesley and me walked up the front walk to the big resturant front doors where you go in and went in. Just inside the front doors the restoruant has a big mirror by where you wait for a table. But their was some big boxes piled halfway up it and the rest of it was dusty, so I dont no what I look like.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Lola.

CHAPTER 2

Driving downtown observing the speed limit of 30 mph listening to the radio going and Elvis singing, I pulled into the restuarant parking lot still thinking about Lola. Opening the car doors and getting out, lesley and me walked up the front walk to the big resturant front doors where you go in and went in. Just inside the front doors the restoruant has a big mirror by where you wait for a table. But their was some big boxes piled halfway up it and the rest of it was dusty, so I dont no what I look like.

But I no what leslie look like. Man, she was hot! I mean, she was dresed to the the tens in a short black leather skirt that usta be a cow, but it sure don't look like no cow now! An she was wearin a tight wite sweter that showed off two big melons -- I mean, what else cud they be, cause they sure wasn't natural-- an I found it hard to remember that she usta be a guy, but then again, considerin what my last girlfriend looked like, it didn't really matter.

The speakers in the restrant was playin a song by a guy named Wierd Al, bout some dude named Yoda, and it reminded me of

Lola, Lola, Lola, Lola...

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Lola.

CHAPTER 2

But I no what leslie look like. Man, she was hot! I mean, she was dresed to the the tens in a short black leather skirt that usta be a cow, but it sure don't look like no cow now! An she was wearin a tight wite sweter that showed off two big melons -- I mean, what else cud they be, cause they sure wasn't natural-- an I found it hard to remember that she usta be a guy, but then again, considerin what my last girlfriend looked like, it didn't really matter.

The speakers in the restrant was playin a song by a guy named Wierd Al, bout some dude named Yoda, and it reminded me of

She was a showgilr with yellow father in her hair.

BottomlessCup

Getting settled
Registered
Reaction score
Late to the party, but, eh...

CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Lola.

CHAPTER 2

She was a showgilr with yellow father in her hair. The kind've feather that comes from a bird. See what I'm saying, my jive mofo brother? A bird.

Next thing I now, I'm watching Lesly grub her greasy man-hands all over the greasy menu of this greasy spoon joint and BLAMMMO! the question hits m like a jar of pizza sauce hitting a gold manhole cover on mars: How am I gonna finish this investigation, which lead to the end of the my decorated career in the police department in my hometown and also caused, indirectly, the end of my relationship with Lola, witch I'll tell you about in chapter four!? (Please don't skip ahead.)

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Lola.

CHAPTER 2

She was a showgilr with yellow father in her hair. The kind've feather that comes from a bird. See what I'm saying, my jive mofo brother? A bird.

Next thing I now, I'm watching Lesly grub her greasy man-hands all over the greasy menu of this greasy spoon joint and BLAMMMO! the question hits m like a jar of pizza sauce hitting a gold manhole cover on mars: How am I gonna finish this investigation, which lead to the end of the my decorated career in the police department in my hometown and also caused, indirectly, the end of my relationship with Lola, witch I'll tell you about in chapter four!? (Please don't skip ahead.)

Lola.

He would have walked a thousand piles for her. He said nothihng, nothing about the head lice. Sed nothing about the B.O. But when she started seeing his brothers he had to bale. That was just the kind of hay he couldn't leave laying around. Her last pimento to him was this--this homeopathic sexuality. I don't know what that means, but I bet someone stupid might think its really intellectual and they just don't understand it because their really stupid. Know what I mean?

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Lola.

CHAPTER 2

Lola.

He would have walked a thousand piles for her. He said nothihng, nothing about the head lice. Sed nothing about the B.O. But when she started seeing his brothers he had to bale. That was just the kind of hay he couldn't leave laying around. Her last pimento to him was this--this homeopathic sexuality. I don't know what that means, but I bet someone stupid might think its really intellectual and they just don't understand it because their really stupid. Know what I mean?

"You seem distracted," said Wesley. I mean Leslie. You know what I mean.

"Why would you say something like that?" I whined.

"Well, you haven't said anything since I came to the door in Chapter One."

She was ragging on me, just like Lola used to do. Lola, Lola, Lola, Lola. Why couldn't I get my mind off Lola? And pain?
Crap.
More pain.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
CHAPTER 1

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Another pain.
Same f***** city.
But no titties.

Pain.
Crap.
More Pain.

Lola.

CHAPTER 2

Lola.

"You seem distracted," said Wesley. I mean Leslie. You know what I mean.

"Why would you say something like that?" I whined.

"Well, you haven't said anything since I came to the door in Chapter One."

She was ragging on me, just like Lola used to do. Lola, Lola, Lola, Lola. Why couldn't I get my mind off Lola? And pain?
Crap.
More pain.

Well Wesly or Leslie was rigth, I was distracted. Still wondring what I look'ed like cause I couldnt seen myself in that stupid mirror with the boxes in front. So I exclaimed 'Do me a favor Les, what color is my hair."

Les complains she wasnt the POV character so she cant see nothing. I no about that stuff whereas I read it in a writing book about writing once. So we had to wait for the waiter.

And then here comes the waiter.

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
jacket copy for Atlanta Nights, by Travis Tea

Takes care of what Sherman left behind...

Author is well-named...

An unbelievable assemblage of words...

Makes me glad my family no longer lives in Georgia...

Dorothy Parker may have said it best: "This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force."

val.gif