Year's Best Fantasy and Horror 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGame

Some guy
Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone here do me a favor? I recently heard that the Year's Best Fantasy and Horror series has a long list of honorable mentions at the end of the book. If anyone here has a copy of number 16 (which came out in 2003), could you look and see if a story of mine is listed? It would be under Gamelli. The 2003 edition should include all stories published in 2002. Any help would be appreciated. It's a hard book to find and it's not worth buying a copy online just to find there's a small chance I'm listed. Thanks.

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
I just happen to have checked that edition out from the library but couldn't find the name mentioned. If they might have listed it a different way let me know and I'll look it up. The honorable list section is big but I don't believe it contains all the stories published that year.

Pike

RGame

Some guy
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Pike. I didn't really expect a response on this.

I made it sound like all stories from 2002 would be listed, but what I meant was that all stories published in 2002 would be eligible to either be reprinted in the book or listed as an honorable mention. I figured it would be pretty low odds that I'd be an honorable mention, but it's nice to know for sure.

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
That it would. I didn't take it as literal as you think, but I did hope to find your name. It's always cool to be recognized for publishing your work. So here's a small congrats; it's late but sincere.

I often skim that section, as well as the Summation sections to see if I recognize anybody I know. I'll have to keep an eye out for you on the other volumes as I get them.

Pike

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Matt, XNavigatorX, was mentioned in last year's edition (I believe) for his story "Hurricane Bonnie". I'm not sure but I believe he got an e-mail or letter from someone informing him that he would be mentioned because he knew about it beforehand.

I love that anthology, btw.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Matt, XNavigatorX, was mentioned in last year's edition (I believe) for his story "Hurricane Bonnie". I'm not sure but I believe he got an e-mail or letter from someone informing him that he would be mentioned because he knew about it beforehand.

I love that anthology, btw.

You don't get any form of notification from the editors in you are Honourably Mentioned. Sometimes the editor of the mag that you were originally published in gets told and passes it on.
I've been Hon Mentioned a few times and didn't find out each time until someone in my writing group looked in the book

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I guess we can't expect them to pass the word to the 100+ writers they mention. I would say finding your name in the back is the writer's equivilant to Finding Waldo.

Congrats to you, Waylander. Here's to hoping more of us find the honor!

Pike

Status
Not open for further replies.